Subject: [mpls] RFC 8277 on Using BGP to Bind MPLS Labels to Address Prefixes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 22:17:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8277

        Title:      Using BGP to Bind MPLS 
                    Labels to Address Prefixes 
        Author:     E. Rosen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 56512
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3107

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3107bis-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8277

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8277

This document specifies a set of procedures for using BGP to advertise
that a specified router has bound a specified MPLS label (or a
specified sequence of MPLS labels organized as a contiguous part of a
label stack) to a specified address prefix.  This can be done by
sending a BGP UPDATE message whose Network Layer Reachability
Information field contains both the prefix and the MPLS label(s) and
whose Next Hop field identifies the node at which said prefix is bound
to said label(s).  This document obsoletes RFC 3107.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC