Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-flow-ident-06.txt> (MPLS Flow Identification Considerations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 11:53:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'MPLS Flow Identification
Considerations'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-flow-ident-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-01-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses the aspects that need to be be considered
   when developing a solution for MPLS flow identification.  The key
   application that needs this is in-band performance monitoring of MPLS
   flows when MPLS is used to encapsulate user data packets.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-flow-ident/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-flow-ident/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.