Subject: [mpowr] Happy New Year!

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 07:52:54 -0500

Hi All,

Happy New Year!  One of my resolutions for 2004 is to figure out
how to get this effort on-track.  Any ideas?

In an attemp to get things moving, I will send summary message
for each of our major discussions to-date.  The messages will
summarize our discussion, indicate where I see consensus (if
any) and make some recommendations for next steps in each area.

We're also still working on a proposed charter for an MPOWR
WG -- tuning it as we go, based on feedback on this list and
on [email-masked].  We will send it to this list
as soon as we have something concrete to suggest.  In the
meantime, it would be great if we could continue discussion
of whether or not we need a WG in this area and, if so, what
the WG should do.

Thanks!
Margaret

_______________________________________________
mpowr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpowr

---

From: "Robert Snively" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:32:24 -0800

> any) and make some recommendations for next steps in each area.

Excellent ideas Margaret.  As the facilitator/chair/leader,
you should take charge of setting the agenda, accepting refinements to
the agenda, and guiding forward progress through the agenda,
just as if this were a face-to-face meeting.  These summary
messages (they don't have to be every day, but should probably
be at least once a week) would essentially become
cumulative indicators of our progress through the agenda and would
be very helpful in keeping the discussions on track and the
threads coherent.  Otherwise, the discussions tend to fork too
frequently, leaving us awash in good ideas not necessarily
focused on the tasks defined in the agenda.

Bob