Subject: [mpowr] Proposed agenda for a GEN Area meeting

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:34:36 -0800

A General Area meeting has been scheduled in Seoul; we are not planning to 
schedule an MPOWR BOF.
At the moment, it's the 1930-2200 slot on Monday evening.

A proposed agenda is below, and will be discussed further on the 
[email-masked] mailing list.

Comments welcome!

                  Harald

Proposed agenda for the GEN-AREA meeting in Seoul

Chair: Harald Alvestrand, GEN AD

Purpose of meeting:
- Go through the "high level picture" of where the problems in the IETF 
are, and
what is being done to address them
- Look at specific proposals that do not have WG meetings to look at them, 
and provide a quick "thumbs up/thumbs down" feedback indication, which can 
serve as feedback to the proposers and a hint to the IESG on how to handle 
the proposals.

Agenda:

00:00 Welcome, scribe and agenda bashing
00:10 Overview - Harald Alvestrand

See http://www.ietf.org/u/ietfchair/change-status.html
See also ICAR, NEWTRK charters; PROTO charter; EDU charter and website

00:25 Notes from specific non-WG/non-BOF efforts
 - PROTO team: working to make tools better for WG chair followup work
 - EDU team: working to make sure IETF participants know as much as 
possible on how to be effective
 - MPOWR discussions: What the mailing list discussions have led to

00:55 Specific proposals - "thumbs-up" / "thumbs-down"
  Rules of the game / intro - Harald (5 min)

  01:00 Mailing list procedure change - Margaret Wasserman
  draft-wasserman-rfc2418-ml-update-00.txt (10 min)

  01:10 Procedures for changing procedures - John Klensin
  Documents:
  draft-klensin-process-july14-00 ("Trust the IESG")
  draft-klensin-process-planb-00 ("Distrust the IESG")

01:40 Discussing the overall problem: Does this distribution of tasks 
(small changes, individual proposals, PROTO team, EDU team, ICAR, NEWTRK) 
make sense?
What is NOT within the list of things being worked on? How does it need to 
be done?

02:00 Wrap up and conclude

_______________________________________________
mpowr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpowr