Subject: [MSEC] MSEC@IETF-63 meeting summary and draft minutes.

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:09:48 +0200

Draft minutes: http://securemulticast.org/IETF-63/IETF63-minutes-draft.htm

Summary:

Two MSEC documents have been published as informational RFCs between

Minneapolis and Paris (RFC 4046 and RFC 4082).
Three more are in RFC Ed queue (1 added to the queue)
Three more are in IESG review (working on revisions from there)

In Minneapolis we got an action item from Russ to work on MSEC 
extensions to IPsec.  Brian Weis, George Gross and Dragan Ignjatic wrote 
a draft.  The chair will distribute it to the IPSEC WG list for wider review. 
(Action item 1)

That draft and several other MSEC drafts were presented at the meeting.  
We note that there are several MIKEY related drafts in MSEC now (4 + the 
RFC), so an action item might be to write an umbrella document to 
explain how they are related to each other.  Or better yet, write a 
roadmap document for all MSEC documents.  This is to be discussed on the 
list. (Action Item 2)

MIKEY-RSA-R draft to be circulated to MMUSIC for their review. (Action 
Item 3)

MSEC milestones have been updated and will be submitted after the meeting.
(Action Item 4)

MSEC WG was asked to review an RMT-TESLA proposal.   There was a 
question as to where that work belongs. The guidance is that it doesn't 
matter where the document is homed, as long it goes through an RMT and 
MSEC WGLCs.

IPDVB group asked MSEC to review their use of the GSAKMP key management 
protocol.  It appears that that work may have other things to do before 
tackling this particular issue (details of it are going to be covered by 
Steve Bellovin).  First up is security requirements and MSEC will do a 
review when asked.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec