Subject: [MSEC] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-msec-tesla-for-alc-norm-07]

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:28:28 +0100

Hello everybody,

For your information...

This 07 version of TESLA includes the latest changes discussed during
Minneapolis meeting (sha-1 to sha-256 migration and IANA repository).
It's therefore ready for a 2nd WGLC.

The I-D:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-tesla-for-alc-norm-07.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-msec-tesla-for-alc-norm-07

The diff with 06 version:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-msec-tesla-for-alc-norm-07.txt

Cheers,

   Aurelien, Sebastien and Vincent

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for          draft-ietf-msec-tesla-for-alc-norm-07
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:34:38 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-msec-tesla-for-alc-norm-07.txt has been successfuly submitted by Vincent Roca and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-msec-tesla-for-alc-norm
Revision:	 07
Title:		 Use of TESLA in the ALC and NORM Protocols
Creation_date:	 2008-12-18
WG ID:		 msec
Number_of_pages: 65

Abstract:
This document details the TESLA packet source authentication and
packet integrity verification protocol and its integration within the
ALC and NORM content delivery protocols.  This document only
considers the authentication/integrity verification of the packets
generated by the session's sender.  The authentication and integrity
verification of the packets sent by receivers, if any, is out of the
scope of this document.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:02:04 +0100

I forgot to say...
If you look at the diff 07-to-06 carefully, you'll see that, in addition
to the SHA-256/IANA updates:

- we have introduced a additional case in section 4.3 "Authentication of
  received packets"/item 4. The "Unverifiable key test" we introduced is
  for the case the disclosed key of an incoming packet belongs to an
  old key chain for which the receiver has no commitment (which may happen
  in very specific situations). If this is so, this disclosed key should
  be ignored. The rest remains untouched.

- in the same section 4.3, we realized that the "=" sign of formula
  K_v = F^{i-d-v}(K_{i-d}) was misleading (it means "is equal to") and
  changed it for text.

- we added a new section 2.5. "Cryptographic parameter values" to
  gather the n_* parameters that were previously in the IANA
  section, since these values are not meant to be in the registry.

- we clarified that T_0 refers to the beginning of time interval 0.
  The term "session start" is indeed a little bit ambiguous since
  the creation of the time schedule may not happen exactly upon
  TESLA session creation, depending on how TESLA is implemented.

- there was an ambiguity between "Signature Key Length" and
  "Signature Length" (both terms we used erroneously). We now
  use only the term "Signature Length" (whose value is anyway
  equal to the signature key length).

That's all.

   Vincent

-- 
------------------------------ http://planete.inrialpes.fr/people/roca/
  INRIA Rhone-Alpes - planete research team   vincent.roca AT inria.fr
  Inovallée; 655 av de l'Europe; Montbonnot   phone (+33) 4.76.61.52.16
  38334 ST ISMIER cedex - France              fax   (+33) 4.76.61.52.52
_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:02:04 +0100

I forgot to say...

That's all.

   Vincent