Subject: [MSEC] New draft: draft-mattsson-mikey-ticket-00

From: "John Mattsson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:50:25 +0100

Dear all,

We have submitted the draft "MIKEY-TICKET: An Additional Mode of Key
Distribution in Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY)" It introduces a set
of new MIKEY modes that go under the common name MIKEY-TICKET. It
supports a ticket concept, similar to that in Kerberos [RFC4120], which
is used to identify and deliver keys. A high level outline of
MIKEY-TICKET as defined herein is that the Initiator requests keys and a
ticket from the KMS (Key Management Service) and sends the ticket
containing a reference to the keys, or the enveloped keys, to the
Responder. The Responder then sends the ticket to the KMS, which returns
the appropriate keys. The other modes are obtained from the above
principle by short-cutting some of the signaling exchanges.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mattsson-mikey-ticket-00

MIKEY-TICKET is primarily designed to fulfill the requirements for media
plane security in the 3GPP IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS).

http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/html-info/33328.htm

Comments/recommendations would be appreciated.

Best regards,

   John Mattsson