Subject: [MSEC] RFC 5776 on Use of Timed Efficient Stream Loss-Tolerant Authentication (TESLA) in the Asynchronous Layered Coding (ALC) and NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:13:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5776

        Title:      Use of Timed Efficient Stream 
                    Loss-Tolerant Authentication (TESLA) in the 
                    Asynchronous Layered Coding (ALC) and 
                    NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Protocols 
        Author:     V. Roca, A. Francillon,
                    S. Faurite
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      58
        Characters: 135605
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msec-tesla-for-alc-norm-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5776.txt

This document details the Timed Efficient Stream %Loss-Tolerant
Authentication (TESLA) packet source authentication and packet
integrity verification protocol and its integration within the
Asynchronous Layered Coding (ALC) and NACK-Oriented Reliable
Multicast (NORM) content delivery protocols.  This document only
considers the authentication/integrity verification of the packets
generated by the session's sender.  The authentication and integrity
verification of the packets sent by receivers, if any, is out of the
scope of this document.  This document defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Multicast Security Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC