Subject: [MSEC] RFC 6054 on Using Counter Modes with Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH) to Protect Group Traffic

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:26:46 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6054

        Title:      Using Counter Modes with Encapsulating 
                    Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header 
                    (AH) to Protect Group Traffic 
        Author:     D. McGrew, B. Weis
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22672
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-group-counter-modes-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6054.txt

Counter modes have been defined for block ciphers such as the
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).  Counter modes use a counter,
which is typically assumed to be incremented by a single sender.
This memo describes the use of counter modes when applied to the
Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)
in multiple-sender group applications.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multicast Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC