Subject: Requirements draft status

From: Ramakrishna Gummadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:20:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I have two questions:

1) Can someone tell me what  the current status of the multi6
requirements draft is? Was any consensus reached during the ietf meeting?
(It would be great if someone could send out the minutes.)

2) Is there any requirement on multicast with respect to multihoming? I
think a host-level solution will make achieving scalable multihoming very
hard...

thanks,
ramki

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:15:42 -0400

> think a host-level solution will make achieving scalable multihoming very

I was unable to attend the meeting, but I followed the list traffic
shortly afterwards, and I think we have a well-known set of changes
to negotiate before the requirements draft are ready for some kind of
last call.

The "current practices" draft was waiting from text from a number of
people (and still is). I will take a stab at it if none of the other
volunteers have spare cycles.

I am behind on this (I have been held up by all manner of other
things) and I apologise for the woefully slow progress made with these
docs of late. I hope to free up some time within the next week; if
anybody else feels like collating the changes proposed over the past
few weeks (and particularly suggesting new text to the list to effect
those changes) that would be spectacularly handy.

Joe