Subject: RE: site vs enterprise

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:35:40 -0800

A good move, IMHO, since some multi-homing solutions might be geared
towards the "enterprise" and some not.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Abley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 6:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: site vs enterprise

[at Thomas' suggestion, I am posting the text of each of the
contentious changes I mentioned, for ease of comment]

1. The use of "enterprise" was contentious and I think the consensus
was it was not the best word. I have subsituted "site", and mentioned
the RFC1918 definition of "enterprise" as compatible in the glossary.

>  2. Terminology
>  
> [snip]
>
> |   A "site" is an entity autonomously operating a network using IP
and,
> |   in particular, determining the addressing plan and routing policy
for
> |   that network.  This definition is intended to be equivalent to
> |   "enterprise" as defined in [3].