Subject: administrivia: netiquette

From: [email-masked] (Sean Doran)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:45:49 +0100 (CET)

All -

At least one of the two co-chairs (me) believes that restraining
oneself from calling a posting of any nature by any epithet which
is self-evident, is within the ability of all subscribers to the
list, and is a good idea to reduce the amount of traffic.

Amplifying what some consider "problem postings" by starting
metadiscussions about them are counterproductive.

Likewise, we do not need to know who goes into your killfiles,
procmails, or what-have-you.

Constructive postings are always welcome, and indeed, any
posting that focuses on the two drafts in our charter are
appropriate.

Administrative complaints should be directed to the co-chairs
directly, rather than aired out on the list.

Name-calling should be directed to individuals, not to the list.

Please, if you have a problem with this policy, take it up with
me and/or my co-chair at the email addresses on our charter page:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/multi6-charter.html

Thanks,

	Sean.