Subject: Re: (multi6) Requirement document last call /edit (let's focus!)

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 16:45:43 -0500

At 14:36 03/01/02, Michel Py wrote:
>There is something else we have to deal with in the current charter:
>"Produce a document describing how multihoming is done today, including an explanation of both the advantages and limitations of the approaches".
>
>I do not intend to send a blow to the authors in any way, but does anybody
>really care about it? I wonder how the chairs and the WG would feel about
>taking that one out as part of the re-chartering. It never seemed to trigger
>much interest. In SLC there was not even a handful of people that raised
>their hand when asked if they have read it.

It is important to document the currently deployed multihoming approach.
This is useful for this WG as a baseline reference.  It has broader value
in documenting existing practice AND (perhaps more importantly) the
limitations and scaling issues of the currently deployed approach.

Lack of reading generally just means that folks are busy -- particularly
so during this past Autumn given the various unfortunate events in the world.

Ran

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:27:37 +0100

> so during this past Autumn given the various unfortunate events in the world.

I agree that this document needs to get finished. I don't remember whether I
raised my hand or not, since I didn't read the draft in every detail,
but at a superficial level it seems fine.

   Brian