Subject: (multi6) It's all about timing. The deadline to submit for Minneapolis is in six weeks.

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:50:58 -0800

Multi6 folk:

The following text is from the multi 6 charter:
Goals and Milestones: (I added the year, 2001).
Apr 01 2001 Begin consideration of approaches and proposals that could
be pursued. 
Aug 01 2001 Evaluate approaches and select those to be worked on. 
Sep 01 2001 Submit requirements ID to IESG for publication as
Informational RFC. 
Sep 01 2001 Submit 'how multihoming is done today' ID to IESG for
publication as Informational RFC. 
Sep 01 2001 Evaluate progress, recharter or shutdown

We are late.
Considering and evaluating approaches and select those to be worked on
should have been done after London.

Does anyone think that there is a reason to delay furthermore:

1. The WG last call for the requirements documents as discussed in SLC.
I believe that Joe is ready to modify the draft to include the edits. I
thank the people that have taken time to participate and renew the call
to send comments/text to complement v1.05 of the edits I posted earlier
today.

2. The submission for the requirements documents as Informational RFC
BEFORE Minneapolis.

3. The selection of approaches/proposals to become WG working documents
as mentionned in the WG charter.
I nominate:
draft-huitema-multi6-hosts-00.txt
to become a WG working document.

4. The re-chartering of the WG; a text could be produced for Minneapolis
and proposed to vote by the floor.

5. The discussion of proposal-specific issues in Minneapolis, as
mentionned in the new charter to be. This implies a WG meeting in
Minneapolis, and I think we need a two-hour one. I hope that we can
collectively have a more productive meeting than we had in SLC. This
also implies that the proposal selection MUST be done before the
deadline to give authors a chance to submit their latest and greatest
and prepare their slides. The deadline is March 1, 2002; it is in six
weeks which is not a lot of time.

Comments welcomed, as usual.

Michel.