Subject: RE: (multi6) 53rd IETF Meeting

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:19:46 -0800

> Daniel Hagerty wrote:
> Which part of "keep the hysterics to a minimum" did you fail
> to understand? Cajoling people about schedules on something
> they volunteer towards isn't likely to make progress towards
> meeting "the schedule" any easier.

Talking about which, can you remind me of any work you have
produced for this working group?

Michel.

---

From: Daniel Hagerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:45:11 -0500

> produced for this working group?

    Did I make any claim to have done so?  I'm young, and I'm
generally ghosting.  When my very limited experience can actually
contribute something, I do so.

    In this case, my limited experience suggests that your behavior is
counter-productive to the goal you claim to wish to reach.  My reading
of mail on this list in the last 24 hours suggests that others think
so as well.

    I'm pretty sure that anyone on this list can get paid to have
people yell at them about meeting or not meeting schedules.  I suspect
that people volunteering to help the IETF aren't signing up because
they miss this aspect of the job.

    So can you tell me (privately) how publicly bitching about the
amount of work you've done that others haven't furthers the working
group?  I'd be fascinated to hear it.