Subject: RE: BALTS: Better At Least Than Singlehomed

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:13:57 -0800

> > Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> > Since "the" solution seems more elusive than ever, maybe
> > this is the time to get a "better than nothing" effort
> > off the ground.
> 
> It certainly does not hurt talking about it. A bad
> solution is better than no solution.

Actually, for better or worse, this group is bound to follow process,
which means completing the requirements' draft before considering
solutions.

-- Christian Huitema

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:36:06 +0100 (CET)

> > solution is better than no solution.

The solution is not supposed to be "bad", just limited. If we can get
basic host multihoming off the ground, we can then explore mechanisms to
improve on it, such as combining it with Mobile IP, implement multihoming
proxy agents to multihome entire sites in one go, and find good ways to
detect reachability information.

> which means completing the requirements' draft before considering

I by no means meant to yell "stop the presses" on the requirements draft.

Iljitsch van Beijnum