Subject: Multihoming draft from IPng wg

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:26:00 +0100 (CET)

I just ran into this:

http://www.join.uni-muenster.de/drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6multihome-with-aggr-01.txt

Does this mean the IPng wg is working on multihoming in IPv6 as well, or
does this draft predate multi6? I don't remember seeing any references to
it on this list.

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:53:37 +0000 (GMT)

This dates back 2-3 years, as does draft-ietf-ipngwg-multi-isp-00.txt as
written by Francis Dupont I recall (the doc is now deleted, so I'm going
from memory).   Both pre-date multi6.  That was back when Rich's default 
address selection draft was first released, under ipngwg.

Francis' overview document was quite useful.  I don't think it ever made
it past draft stage.

Tim

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:53:54 -0800

The IPv6 working did work on multihoming prior to the forming of the Multi6 
working group.  This work was moved to Multi6 when it was formed.  If you 
open the link you will discover this draft expired in on July 17, 2000.

Also, the authoritative place to look for internet drafts is, of course, 
www.ietf.org/internet-drafts .

Bob