Subject: RE: The state of IPv6 multihoming development

From: "Hesham Soliman (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:28:46 +0100

> However, mobility as I understand it assumes things, 
  > especially the home agent, are reachable. In multihoming, 
  > this definately isn't an assumption we can make.
  > 

=> This is not an issue. It depends on where your 
HA is located. I can write something if there is 
enough interest, but end host approaches don't 
seem to be interesting to most people on this list. 

Hesham

---

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:35:16 +0859 ()

Hesham;

> seem to be interesting to most people on this list. 

Multihoming and mobility are related, because, if we are to
support multihoming, we should also support multiple home
agents for the same degree of robustness.

Note that, for security at this level, cookie is just enough.

						Masataka Ohta

PS

Our multihoming code, of course, supports such mobility with
cookie based security.

---

From: "marcelo bagnulo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:23:32 +0100

Hi Hesham,

> seem to be interesting to most people on this list.

FWIW i consider that this would be really interesting, and I am really
interested in reading this.
Have you read Dupont (very long time expired) draft about this?

Thanks, marcelo