Subject: questions about draft-wen-ipv6-rsra-opt-multihoming-00

From: Lawrence Zou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:04:23 +0800

hi,wen:

     i have read you draft.  Although there are some strong technical
points in this document,  i still think there are some big problem:

1. I noticed  that in all 3 Scenarios, the RS message must include ISP
name sub-option,so,is it a "MUST"  sub-optinon that be include in the 
Multi-homing Information option? if it is true,what will it happen if
the host don't know the name of the ISP? I think in the Scenarios of
stateless 
addres autoconfigue, it is not necessary for host to know the topology
of the network and the name of the ISP.
in your draft ,all hosts know clearly which ISP they belong to ,I think
we can distinguish them using some kinds of  VLAN techonoly.

2.In Scenario 3,you mention the equipment of "layer2 CPE ".so what the
difference is that with "layer3 CPE "? In my understand ,the layer2 CPE 
is a layer2 equipmnet ,so in the section 3.3 
   Step (b) : Base on the information in Multi-homing Information option
              , layer 2 access node can forward this RS to the correct
              edge router of the desired ISP without sending it to the 
              router that will not respond this RS.	

 can layer2 equipment do this kind of thing?

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 02:49:38 +0200

I'd like to point out that the multi6 WG has completed it's work and  
should be closed down - and as soon as that happens I will close this  
mailinglist.

- kurtis -