Subject: (NAT) NAT Queries

From: "Ramaprasad K.R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:32:05 +0530

Hello,

A "stub domain" is using the 10/8 addresses for its private network.
The stub border router w/ NAT has been assigned a class C 
globally unique address.

So, even though there may be more than 255 nodes in the stub domain,
at any point in time, only a maximum of 255 nodes can be
communicating w/ outside hosts thru the stub router as it has a
class C address for it. Am I correct ? 

Would that be correct irrespective of static or dynamic address 
translations ?

TIA,
Rampi
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

---

From: Pyda Srisuresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:05:21 -0800 (PST)

Yes, if you have Basic-NAT on the stub router. Further, this
is irrespective of static or dyanmic address maps.

cheers,
suresh

> 'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

=====

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.