Subject: (NAT) SNMP and NAT

From: "Ramaprasad K.R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:34:09 +0530

Hi,

Whenver an IP address which is an index for a table is translated
using SNMP-ALG, the length of the encoding could change.

I wanted to confirm that in such a case, all the "length" encodings
of the sequences should be updated and finally the "length" of the
SNMP message encoding should also be updated, correct ? Please let me
know.

In draft-ietf-nat-traditional-03.txt document there is a reference
to "IP Masquerade" public domain software under Linux. Could somebody
tell me where I can find it ?

Thanks,
Rampi
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:22:28 +0100

>>>>> Ramaprasad K R writes:

Ramaprasad> Whenver an IP address which is an index for a table is
Ramaprasad> translated using SNMP-ALG, the length of the encoding
Ramaprasad> could change.

Ramaprasad> I wanted to confirm that in such a case, all the "length"
Ramaprasad> encodings of the sequences should be updated and finally
Ramaprasad> the "length" of the SNMP message encoding should also be
Ramaprasad> updated, correct ? Please let me know.

Yes, the length change propagates to the outermost SEQUENCE.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<[email-masked]>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Phone: +49 531 391 3289    Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>

-