Subject: [Nea] Status of NEA PT work

From: Stephen Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 16:18:29 -0400

I was asked to send out a status update on the NEA PT work.

As noted in the minutes from the last NEA WG F2F, the authors
of the two L3 PT proposals have agreed to work together on
a joint specification. That document should be released as
a NEA WG draft in the next week or so.

As for the L2 PT proposals, it was agreed at the last NEA F2F
that the best way to decide between an EAP method or TLVs for
L2 PT is to have the proponents of the two approaches work
together to describe the pros and cons of these two approaches,
then bring that comparison back to the email list for consideration.
This has been going on for the last month or so. The members of
the small group working on the pros and cons list are Nancy
Cam-Winget, Steve Hanna, Joe Salowey, and Paul Sangster (the
authors of the various PT drafts). This group expects to send
out an agreed-upon list of pros and cons later this week.
Then the NEA WG list can decide how to proceed.

So we're making good progress! We should be ready to review
a solid L3 PT proposal in short order and also to decide on
whether an EAP method or TLVs is the best approach.

Thanks,

Steve