Subject: [Nea] CALL for COMMENTS on EAP PT approaches

From: "Susan Thomson (sethomso)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:31:07 -0500

One of the outstanding items in the NEA WG is to come to consensus on
whether to use EAP method or TLV for carrying NEA data in an EAP-based
transport. 

Steve Hanna has initiated a thread on this topic on the mailing list to
which some have responded (see pointer below to email thread and to
meeting minutes for summary of discussion at IETF 80).

We need more input from the WG to make a decision. Please review the
pros and cons laid out in the thread and provide your input. Feedback
may include any considerations that you think might be missing from the
discussion, as well how you would weigh the characteristics of the two
approaches.

The deadline for making a decision is by the July IETF. If we do not,
our AD has "offered" to make the decision for us! So please take the
time to post your views. I think it would reflect poorly on the WG if we
are unable to come to consensus ourselves.

Thanks
Susan

Email Thread starts here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/nea/current/msg01120.html

Meeting minutes from IETF 80:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nea/minutes?item=minutes80.html