Subject: [nemo] a question about "Node behind the MR"

From: "Zhang Wenjie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:40:1 +0800

Does "Node behind the MR"(draft-ernst-nemo-terminology-01.txt) include FNs in the mobile network, except MNNs defined in the draft?
Thanks!

Zhang Wenjie
[email-masked]
　　　　　　　　　　2003-02-25

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:59:56 +0100

Zhang Wenjie wrote:
> Does "Node behind the MR"(draft-ernst-nemo-terminology-01.txt) 
> include FNs in the mobile network, except MNNs defined in the 
> draft? Thanks!

Hello Zhang.

I would suppose it very much depends on the context where you want to
use the phrasing "node behind an MR".

Node behind an MR could designate a Fixed Node fixed in the mobile
network (i.e. Local Fixed Node), or a Mobile Node that moves around
but still inside the Mobile Network (i.e. MNN/VMN as you say).

In all cases, "behind MR" supposedly means "in the mobile network".
Of course, it depends where you look from, or what perspective you
take.  This supposes that viewer looks from the outside the mobile
network: the first thing it sees is a Mobile Router, and behind the MR
it sees a node behind MR.

If viewer is inside the mobile network, what s/he sees is a Mobile
Router and behind the MR s/he sees the AR, so the AR is behind the MR.

Maybe the terminology is not clear enough with respect to this.

-- 
Message Classification: MIUO