Subject: RE: [nemo] multihoming: potential threat? (was: about draft-ietf-nemo-requirements-00.txt)

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 00:04:15 -0000

> The biggest trust problem with PSBU (to my understanding) is 
> that it is a prefix and RR for prefixes impossible, because 
> RR is a ping and you can't ping all addresses of a prefix.
> 
Actually you could use the anycast address of the mobile network, if
that's really what you wanted to do... 

Pascal

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 05:44:25 +0100

Pascal Thubert (pthubert) wrote:
>> The biggest trust problem with PSBU (to my understanding) is that
>>  it is a prefix and RR for prefixes impossible, because RR is a 
>> ping and you can't ping all addresses of a prefix.
>> 
> 
> Actually you could use the anycast address of the mobile network, 
> if that's really what you wanted to do...

I thought in anycast one address is chosen somehow to be
representative for a set of addresses in a prefix ok; but even if that
is so, one could not claim a successful RR, successful for the entire
prefix, only because one representative of that prefix has succeeded.

disclaimer: my anycast knowledge is low and not updated.

Alex

-- 
Message Classification: GBU