Subject: [nemo] IPv4 traversal

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:13:57 -0000

(Yet another) draft is born!

I prepared a paper on Ipv4 traversal,
draft-thubert-nemo-ipv4-traversal-00.txt, but it's too late to submit
(cut off till 3/17). I can send direct copies in the meantime.

Abstract

   Since IPv6 connectivity is not yet broadly available, there is a need
   in NEMO for a simple technology that allows a MIPv6 based Mobile
   Router to roam over IPv4 networks.

   The Doors Protocol proposed in this memo allows an arbitrary Mobile
   Node to roam even within private IPv4 address spaces, across both
   Network and Port Address Translations, in order to cope with existing
   of deployments of technologies such as GPRS.
 
If the title subject raises interest in the ML, we could spend some time
at the WG. What do you think?

Pascal Thubert
Software Engineer
Technology Center
Cisco Systems Europe

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:12:53 +0100 (CET)

> (cut off till 3/17). I can send direct copies in the meantime.

How does this relate to draft-parent-blanchet-ngtrans-tsp-teredo-00.txt
and draft-ietf-mobileip-nat-traversal-07.txt?

  Erik