Subject: [nemo] new draft on MNP delegation for NEMO networks

From: Pekka =?iso-8859-1?Q?Pääkkönen?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:54:20 +0200

Hi all,

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paakkonen-nemo-prefix-delegation-00.txt

I have submitted a new draft on Mobile Network Prefix (MNP) delegation 
related to
mobile networks. The draft proposes that MNP delegation should occur between a
MR and its HA, and defines a MIPv6 extension for it. With this extension it is
possible for the MR to dynamically delegate MNPs when at home or away from
home. I hope that the draft causes discussion on MNP delegation related to
NEMO networks.

Pekka Pääkkönen

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:08:07 +0200 (CEST)

> mobile networks. The draft proposes that MNP delegation should occur between
> a MR and its HA, and defines a MIPv6 extension for it. With this extension
> it is possible for the MR to dynamically delegate MNPs when at home or away
> from home. I hope that the draft causes discussion on MNP delegation related
> to NEMO networks.

I'm trying to understand how mobility makes the requirements on prefix 
delegation different than in the non-mobile case?
It seems like the lifetime of the delegations are independent of the movements
thus wouldn't whatever works for IPv6 in general work in the Nemo case?
(Such as draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-03.txt)

  Erik