Subject: [nemo] IPv4 traversal

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:42:13 -0000

Hi:

Alex was kind enough to publish my draft on the nemo server:

http://www.nal.motlabs.com/nemo/drafts/draft-thubert-nemo-ipv4-traversal
-00.txt

Part of the initial discussion is whether this belongs to Nemo at all.
Since the mechanism is totally MIPv6 based, I believe it's either Nemo
or MIPv6. What do you think? 

Pascal Thubert

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:59:18 -0000

> 
> Are the handles unique?  How do you guarantee uniqueness?
> 
>

The handle actually points on a NAT/PAT tunnel, not an
endpoint/endprefix like 6to4. There is a unique resource in the
translator box associated to it. Some fields (depending on NAT/PAT
technology)in the handle are the index on that resource. As a result,
the NAT/PAT ensures the uniqueness of the handle.

Pascal