Subject: [nemo] commet on R01

From: Koshiro MITSUYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:01:32 +0900

Dear all, 

I have a comment on R01 of the nemo requirement draft.

In the draft, 

  R01: The solution MUST be implemented at the IP layer level.

And maybe the following text are corresponding to this requirement,  

  - Operational Transparency: NEMO support is to be implemented at the
    IP layer level. It is expected to be transparent to upper layers
    so that any upper layer protocol can run unchanged on top of an IP
    layer extended with NEMO support.

But I think that this requirement get us confused.  In fact, we have
some implementations of network-layer mobility protocols partly
implemented at application layer.

I forgot who did suggest this requirement by this description, but I
see what you want to say. Thus I would like to suggest,

  R01:  The solution MUST be transparent to upper layers.

FYI, in the mip6 draft,

   The movement of a mobile node away from its home link is thus
   transparent to transport and higher-layer protocols and
   applications.

What do you think about this??

thanks, 
Koshiro