Subject: RE: [nemo] Issue 3

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:23:42 +0100

> >I would have preferred a text saying that "the MR MUST keep all
> >necessary information to clean up whichever routes it installed, for
> >instance by keeping the list of prefix in BCE, whether they come from
> >implicit or explicit source". Vijay, please do not tell people how to
> >implement things (even if your proposal seems perfectly proper).
> 
> 
> This text doesn't cover the case when routes need to be re-injected
into
> the routing table.

The BCE is transient data, a state, as opposed to the prefix table,
which is configuration. Actually in the considered flow, it's all gone,
and may be recreated later. So the prefix list has to be renewed from
its source (implicit or explicit) in order to be reinjected. 

> 
> My suggestion:
> 
> "The Home Agent MUST keep all necessary information to be able to add
or
> delete routes associated with the Mobile Router at the time.  For
instance,
> the list of Mobile Network Prefixes may be stored in the Binding Cache
> entry."
> 

I tend to think that the first sentence alone fits the bill...

> Kent