Subject: [nemo] Explicit combined mode name

From: Kent Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:10:59 -0700

A nit.  The "Explicit combined" mode is confusing to me.  Combined with what?
Just a suggestion, marked by "->".

       Explicit: -> Explicit Network

          In this mode, the Mobile Router includes one or more Mobile
          Network Prefix Options in the Binding Update.  These options
          contain information about the Mobile Network Prefix(es)
          configured on the Mobile Network.

       Explicit combined: -> Explicit Prefix Length

          In this mode, the Mobile Router instructs the Home Agent to
          derive the Mobile Network Prefix by using:  (1) the Home
          Address in the Home Address Option carried in the Destination
          Options header of the same packet that carries the Mobility
          Header containing this Binding Update and (2) the prefix length
          carried in the Mobile Network Prefix Length Option.  In this
          case, Mobile Router includes one and only one Mobile Network
          Prefix Length Option.  It MUST not include a Mobile Network
          Prefix Option if this method is used.

Kent

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:31:43 +0100

Fine with me too :) Can we call that issue 8 and make it resolved
shortly?

Pascal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alexandru Petrescu [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: vendredi 18 juillet 2003 00:42
> To: Kent Leung (kleung)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [nemo] Explicit combined mode name
> 
> Kent Leung wrote:
> > A nit.  The "Explicit combined" mode is confusing to me.  Combined
with
> > what?
> 
> Confusing to me too.  We looked hard for names.  Combined are the home
> address and the mobile network prefix.
> 
> Good idea.
> Alex
> GBU

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:31:43 +0100

Pascal

with