Subject: [nemo] Comments on draft-leekj-nemo-ro-pd-00.txt

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 18:59:11 +0200

[Chairs stop me if RO discussions not in context now]

Hello to authors of draft-leekj-nemo-ro-pd-00.txt.

I've read the draft, thanks for providing it.

I understand that the method offers optimal paths between MN's inside
the mobile network and CN outside the mobile network.  Figure 1 shows an
LFN, that is supposedly fixed.  Is the draft providing optimal routes
between LFN and CN too (or only between MN and CN)?  LFN normally does
not perform itself Mobile IPv6, right?

I don't understand why there is a need for a new ND option?  Couldn't
the usual RA be used by MR to put the delegated prefix in, and advertise
towards MN?

What happens when there are several fixed routers in the mobile network
and a MN would visit deep below one of those FR's?  Normally RA's stay
on a link, so the RA with the delegated prefix coming from up will only
be seen in the first upper link, not below.  Or maybe that is outside
the scope of the draft?

Alex
GBU