Subject: [nemo] The question about NEMO basic support

From: "Jongkeun Na" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 00:09:35 +0900

Hello Vijay,

I have a question for prefix table described in the draft.

In case that prefix table is not pre-configured in HA, MR should use
explicit or combined binding mode. Right?

Let's assume that MR and HA can run dynamic routing protocol and prefix
table is not pre-configured.

If MR try to do implicit binding, by the draft, MR cannot set up the
bi-directional tunnel with its HA because HA will send BACK with '143'
status code(Mobile Network Prefix Information information unavailable)
for the requested BU.

I think HA should allow the implicit BU from MR that runs dynamic
routing protocol because the draft says that prefix table is an optional
data structure from the terminology description of section 2. Or, the
draft should say prefix table MUST be maintained by HA.

It looks like unclear to me. Could you explain that for me?

Best Regards,

/Jongkeun