Subject: [nemo] 802.11 Mobility Framework Supporting GPRS Handover

From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:34:19 +0900

Dear all

Above subject is being discussed at IPv6 forum by WiFi team.
For this mechanism, I submitted a draft, and I would like to listen
some comment and feedback from nemo WG.

Abstract :
In this draft, we describe a new mobility framework to extend 802.11 
[WLAN] to seamlessly manage roaming into GPRS access network, 
whenever the mobile node is out of range from any 802.11 domain.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-park-mobileip-wifi-handover-00
.txt

Please let me know your view on this with feedback and comment...

Regards

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Platform Lab,SAMSUNG Electronics

---

From: "soohong park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:41:55 +0900

Hi Will

Thanks your feedback, please look into my inline response

1)  The draft appears to assume that the 802.11 network will be a home
domain.  I believe this is not general enough.  There are many 802.11
system appearing throughout the  world that will be outside the mobile's
home domain.

=> The status of this draft is only draft. I am trying to address more
   generalization.

2)  My limited experience with GPRS in the US is with IPv4 and
T-Mobile.  We are currently trying to work with T-Mobile to figure out how
their NATing scheme  is effecting mobile router operation.  In theory, in
IPv6, NATs will no longer be a problem, but don't count on it.

=> It also can be added to the generalization.

I think we
ALL need to work with service providers to educate them on the nastiness of
NATing in that some of the problems NATing solves can be done using other
mechanisms.  Anyway, I suggest working with some GPRS service providers
regarding use of GPRS in mobile networks.  I believe both parties will
learn from such a relationship.

=> Good suggestion, so our team (WiFi Team in IPv6 forum) is trying to
   consider various considerations as well. Basically this working will
   be processed by team.

I believe it is a fit time to discuss this issue at nemo...

Any comments ?

   Daniel

_________________________________________________________________
STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

---

From: "soohong park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:41:55 +0900

Hi Will

I think we

Any comments ?

   Daniel