Subject: [nemo] WG: [mobile-ip] new I-D on HA filtering

From: "Koojana Kuladinithi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:57:43 +0200

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Koojana Kuladinithi [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 14:56
An: 'Nicolas Montavont'; 'mobileip'
Betreff: AW: [mobile-ip] new I-D on HA filtering 

Hi Nicolas,

There are a lot of drafts related to multiple points of attachments and flow

distribution, especially for MIPv6.

Followings are the list of drafts, (that I am aware of)

MIPv4
-------

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nomad-mobileip-filters-03.txt.

MIPv6
-------
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-soliman-mobileip-flow-move-03.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa-

To be listed at the IETF repository.

http://www.comnets.uni-bremen.de/english/research/draft-nomadv6-mobileip-fi
lters-00.txt

http://www-r2.u-strasbg.fr/~montavont/draft-montavont-mobileip-ha-filtering-
v6-00.txt

Perhaps, we should initiate a discussion in mobile-ip or nemo WG to discuss 
about this topic.

Kind regards

Koojana

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Nicolas
Montavont
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 09:55
An: mobileip
Betreff: [mobile-ip] new I-D on HA filtering 

Hi all,

We just submitted a new I-D on Home Agent Filtering for Mobile IPv6, 
available at

http://www-r2.u-strasbg.fr/~montavont/draft-montavont-mobileip-ha-filtering-
v6-00.txt

It will be soon available in the IETF repertories.

This I-D proposes a solution for the MN to set filters on its home 
agent. Filters can be used to spread flows on different CoAs (and 
potentially several network interfaces), and to forbid the redirection 
of certain flows from the home agent.

Here is the abstract:

Mobile IPv6 allows a MN to receive incoming packets to its home address 
while it is away from its home network. In a heterogeneous environment, 
a MN may have multiple interfaces, each with different characteristics. 
While a MN is in a visited network, due to the performance of the 
interfaces or to the user preferences, the MN may want to forbid the 
redirection from its home agent of a kind of flow, or to indicate a 
target CoA for a kind of flow.
In this draft, we propose new mobility options that allow a MN to 
advertise filters to its home agent. A filter is associated with a CoA, 
in such a way that the MN can register several CoA and can register 
several filters for one CoA. A filter may indicate that a flow which map 
to a filter must be dropped or must be redirected to the indicated CoA.

Regards,
Nicolas

---

From: Thomas Noel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:11:36 +0200

Hi Koojana, All,

> Perhaps, we should initiate a discussion in mobile-ip or nemo WG to discuss
I Agree with you, we have now several drafts and it will be interesting
to converge towards an unique solution to solve this issue.

Perhaps, Nemo is the ideal WG to discuss about this topic.

Regards

Thomas Noel
LSIIT

---

From: Thomas Noel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:11:36 +0200

Hi Koojana, All,

Regards

Thomas Noel
LSIIT

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:18:06 +0900

Hello,

At Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:11:36 +0200,
> to converge towards an unique solution to solve this issue.

Can we discuss filters/policies and multipleCoAs registration separately?

Most of draft needs multiple CoAs registrations, but some of systems
do not want to support filters/policies on the IP layer. 

Our draft(multiplecoa) deals with only multiple CoAs registration.

> Perhaps, Nemo is the ideal WG to discuss about this topic.

It might be better to keep discussing it in MIP6/MIPSHOP WG, because
NEMO is based on Mobile IPv6. Once MIP supports multiplecoa, filters
whatever, NEMO can have the same feature.

If NEMO still needs further operations, then NEMO becomes the ideal WG.

best regards,
ryuji

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:18:06 +0900

Hello,

best regards,
ryuji

---

From: "Koojana Kuladinithi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:24:35 +0200

Hi Ryuji and all

> Von: [email-masked] [mailto:owner-mobile-
> [email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Ryuji Wakikawa
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Juli 2003 12:18
> An: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; mobile-
> [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: [nemo] WG: [mobile-ip] new I-D on HA filtering
> 
> Hello,
> 

IMHO, Multiple CoAs and Flow Distributions should be discussed together. The

reason is because once multiple CoAs are available, the natural requirement 
that follows would be to use these points of attachments efficiently.

> whatever, NEMO can have the same feature.

As Hesham suggested, I too believe that mip6 or mipshop would be the best 
place to discuss as it should be a extension to the MIPv6 base
specification, which is not considered simultaneous bindings as in the MIPv4
RFC.

Kind Regards
Koojana

---

From: "Koojana Kuladinithi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:24:35 +0200

Hi Ryuji and all

Kind Regards
Koojana

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:34:44 +0900

Hi

> that follows would be to use these points of attachments efficiently.

I understand there is a way to manage filters at the IP level, but
there are also other ways to manage them. If a user wants to manage
filters information statically, does she/he still need to support
filters management at IP layer? 

regards
ryuji

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:34:44 +0900

Hi

regards
ryuji