Subject: [nemo] Issue 3

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:03:42 +0100

"The Home Agent SHOULD store the list of Mobile Network Prefixes 
  owned by a Mobile Router in the corresponding Binding Cache 
  entry.  However this is done only when the Mobile Router has
  included prefix information in the Binding Update.  This list 
  of prefixes should include only those for which the Home Agent 
  currently has routes pointing to the Mobile Router's current 
  Care-of address.  This information can later be used to delete 
  the routes when the Binding Cache entry for the Mobile Router 
  is deleted."

> is this okay?

If the info is to be used to delete the routes, then you need to know
which prefixes you actually created routes for, so maybe you need more
info associated to the prefixes, like pointers to the adjacencies that
were instantiated. This is deep into implementation, a bit to much to my
taste.

I would have preferred a text saying that "the MR MUST keep all
necessary information to clean up whichever routes it installed, for
instance by keeping the list of prefix in BCE, whether they come from
implicit or explicit source". Vijay, please do not tell people how to
implement things (even if your proposal seems perfectly proper).

Pascal