Subject: Re: [nemo] Security considerations for NEMO?

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:44:53 +0200

Greg Daley wrote:
>> - Where should the HA be placed, in DMZ or something?
> 
> 
> This is worth consideration.  I think that if we're talking about 
> Basic NEMO with bidirectional IKE/ESP tunnels, then we have no 
> greater risk to the network from attacks occurring on the NEMO from 
> the Internet. We're possibly providing carriage for untrusted hosts 
> though, which significantly changes how we'd handle things compared 
> to MIPv6.

I think there is a direct relationship between the possibility of HA
being placed in the DMZ and the possibility that HA does not perform
proxy Neighbour Discovery on behalf of the Mobile Router's Home Address.

I mean, it is highly probable that if HA doesn't perform proxy ND then
HA can be placed in the DMZ.

And, if HA performs proxy ND then HA can't be placed in the DMZ.

Alex
GBU

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:44:53 +0200

Alex
GBU