Subject: [nemo] visting mobile node CoA

From: Muhammad Ali Malik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:52:11 +1000 (EST)

Hi

When a visiting mobile node (VMN) together with Mobile network moves to
new location. Does VMN obtains the new care-of-address or it attains its
old care-of-address. Do we need to treat VMN as LFN once it obtains the
CoA from MR.

Regards,

Muhammad Ali Malik

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:39:39 +0900

> old care-of-address. Do we need to treat VMN as LFN once it obtains the

I'm not sure what you really want to ask. VMN and LFNs do not obtain CoA
from MR. LFN is a fixed node, so no CoA. VMN obtains a CoA from the link
it attached to, with the home prefix of MR. So, if MR happens to obtain
a new CoA, this is transparent to VMN.

Thierry.

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:39:39 +0900

Thierry.

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:48:52 +0200

Muhammad Ali Malik wrote:
> When a visiting mobile node (VMN) together with Mobile network moves
>  to new location. Does VMN obtains the new care-of-address or it 
> attains its old care-of-address.

No VMN doesn't obtain a new CoA when MR obtains a new CoA; in this case
VMN keeps its old CoA.

> Do we need to treat VMN as LFN once it obtains the CoA from MR.

Mostly yes, except that VMN can do RO while LFN no.

Alex
GBU

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:48:52 +0200

Alex
GBU

---

From: Muhammad Ali Malik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:20:46 +1000 (EST)

Hi Thierry

Thanxx for reponse. My question is that suppose VMN joins the Mobile
Network at home location. Then VMN together with Mobile Network moves to
new location. At this new location, can VMN communicate directly to CN or
the communication between VMN and CN must take place via home agent of MR.

Thanxx in advance.

Malik

---

From: Muhammad Ali Malik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:20:46 +1000 (EST)

Hi Thierry

Thanxx in advance.

Malik