Subject: [nemo] I-D ACTION:draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:50:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ND-Proxy based Route Optimization for Mobile Nodes in 
                          Mobile Network
	Author(s)	: J. Jeong et al.
	Filename	: draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-10-2
	
This document specifies a mechanism for enabling mobile nodes in IPv6 
mobile network to perform route optimization.  The route optimization 
is possible because mobile router relays the prefix of its Care-of 
address to its mobile nodes by playing the role of ND-proxy.   
Through binding updates associated with the network prefix of an 
access network, the mobile nodes can perform route optimization.  In 
addition, this document explains how mobile nodes can optimize its 
DNS name resolution through RA-based DNS discovery.  By announcing 
the address of local recursive DNS server, mobile router allows 
mobile nodes to optimize their DNS name resolution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:52:00 +0100

Hi Paul:

I read your draft with great interest, and it seems fair to discuss RO
now that basic nemo has progressed a lot. I found the solution
attractive and very clever. It has a close alternate with MR doing
transparent bridging, where you'd use flooding down the nested tree
(used as a spanning tree) to locate a CareOF and set the states. 

For both approaches, I wonder how the mobility of a subtree works,
because it's all states in the intermediate routers that need to be
maintained. This is BTW the reason why we emulated source route bridging
(with RRH) as opposed to transparent, though transparent looked more
attractive for other reasons, including the HA side.

What do you think?

Pascal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: jeudi 2 octobre 2003 16:50
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [nemo] I-D ACTION:draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-01.txt
>