Subject: [nemo] RE: Question on NEMO

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:29:26 -0000

Hi Alvin,

Well, by definition it will not be a LFN any more, but a 'nemo aware'
node.

The answer may depend on the RO technology. With RRH, the LFN can send
an 'empty' RRH with its packets. Means that all fields are zeroed out,
no home address in it. The result is that the packet flows straight to
the CN, and if the CN accepts to reverse the RRH into a RH2,the
responses flow right back. Obviously, there should be some RR test added
somewhere in the picture, but that gives you an idea. We use that for
instance to perform DHAAD, this allows complex nested configurations to
come up, when HAs are also MRs and form an arbitrary tree.

Pascal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alvin Wo [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: lundi 27 octobre 2003 07:30
> To: Pascal Thubert (pthubert)
> Subject: Question on NEMO
> 
> Dear Sir,
> 
> According to NEMO, LFN only has IPv6 and not MIPv6 capabilities, so is
> unable to perform Route Optimization to MN (currently is MN perform RO
to
> LFN?). Is that if there is any way that I can incoporate Mobile IPv6
> capabilities into LFN without increasing the signal overheads, and
carry out
> RO?
> 
> Thank you.
> 
> Cheers,
> Alvin
> 
> _________________________________________________________________
> Take a break! Find destinations on MSN Travel.
http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:29:26 -0000

Hi Alvin,

Pascal

to
carry out