Subject: [nemo] Closing Issue 20

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:20:07 -0800

hi all,

I think there is concensus now to remove the explicit prefix length
mode. whatever one wanted to do with the explicit prefix length mode
should be possible with the explicit network mode.

this will address (to an extent) the concern that there are now too
many differnt ways of doing the same thing, i.e. the mobile router
asking the Home Agent to setup forwarding for the mobile network.

Vijay

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:35:09 +0900

Hi Vijay.

Final argument for this topic:-p

The difference between prefix opt and prefixlen opt is whether it has
field for "prefix" and how to retrieve "prefix" from moboption.

We can combine two options into one option and say both prefix and
prefixlen is explicit mode.

My idea is  using flag in reserved field. If t=he flag is on, prefix field is not presented and use both len
and HoA to retrieve HoA. Otherwise, HA gets mobile network prefix just from prefix field.

+-------+-------+--------+---------+
| type        | len         |x|              |    len          |
+-------+-------+--------+---------+
|                      prefix        (optional)              |
+-------+-------+--------+---------+

this does not cause so much additional codes. 
If this is not right way, just drop prefix length. 
I am OK if MR can retrieve its HoA from its mobile network prefix at least.

ryuji

> asking the Home Agent to setup forwarding for the mobile network.

regards,
ryuji

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:35:09 +0900

Hi Vijay.

ryuji

regards,
ryuji

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:52:30 -0800

Ryuji,

lets keep it simple. I think it is just not worth having a
flag and extra code for this. just include the prefix in the
Binding Update if explicit mode is being used.

Vijay

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:52:30 -0800

Ryuji,

Vijay