Subject: [nemo] Closing issue 29

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 00:16:21 -0800

hi all,

here is some text (to be added to the section on Dynamic
routing protocols) for closing issue 29.

    Since the routing protocol messages from the Home Agent to the Mobile
    Router could potentially contain information about the internal
    routing structure of the home network, these messages require
    authentications and confidentiality protection.  Confidentialy
    protection using IPsec ESP [4] MUST be supported and SHOULD be
    used.  For protecting routing protocol messages using ESP, the
    bi-directional tunnel between the Mobile Router and the Home
    Agent should be treated as the outgoing interface, with link local
    addresses as source and destination addresses for the messages.
    IPsec ESP with a non-null encryption algorithm should be used
    in transport mode for protecting the routing protocol messages.
    Examples of SPD entries for protecting OSPFv3 messages are described
    in [13].

    [13] M. Gupta and N. Melam. Authentication/Confidentiality for
         OSPFv3. Internet Draft, IETF. draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-04.txt
         (work in progress). December 2003.

comments/suggestions welcome.

Vijay