Subject: [nemo] CfP: 1st European Workshop on Security in Ad-Hoc and Sensor Networks (ESAS 2004)

From: Panos Papadimitratos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:49:08 -0500

CALL FOR PAPERS

1st European Workshop on Security in Ad-Hoc and Sensor Networks (ESAS 2004)

5-6 August, 2004

EURESCOM, Heidelberg, Germany

http://www.netlab.nec.de/esas/esas2004.html

Technically co-sponsored by COMSOC Germany Chapter

------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL INFORMATION

With more and more devices getting smart and interconnected, ad hoc and 
sensor networks will open up a realm of new communication and data exchange 
opportunities. These upcoming networks are characterized by their dynamic 
structure, lack of a pre-established fixed infrastructure, and constrained 
resources. In order to allow their successful deployment, various security 
challenges must be met. Examples include missing `a priori' security 
associations, no clear line of defense, the lack of a trusted 
infrastructure, complex multiple domain relationships, as well as 
bandwidth, computing, memory and energy constraints. Due to the pervasive 
nature of applications relying on ad-hoc and sensor networks effective 
provisions for robust security solutions in a reliable and power efficient 
way must be taken.

This workshop seeks submissions presenting novel research on all aspects of 
security and cryptography for ad-hoc and sensor networks. ESAS 2004 will be 
a workshop where the cryptography, security and wireless networking 
communities meet. Submission of papers based on work-in-progress is encouraged.

The topics include but are not limited to:

    * Cryptographic protocols
    * Trust establishment, negotiation, and management
    * Security in constrained environments
    * Cooperation and fairness based protocols
    * Key management
    * Scalability evaluation of secure and reliable protocols
    * Secure routing
    * Secure hardware modules
    * Implementations of secure protocols
    * Deployment of secure protocols
    * Privacy and anonymity
    * Secure MAC protocols

INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS

Authors are invited to submit original papers. The preferred submission 
form is by electronic mail to [email-masked]. The 
submissions must not exceed 10 pages (excluding the title page, 
bibliography and appendices) nor 12 pages overall. The final version should 
not exceed 15 pages. Please submit the paper in Postscript or PDF, together 
with an extra file containing the email and physical address of the 
authors, an indication of the corresponding author and a copy of the title, 
key words and abstract. We recommend that you generate the PS or PDF file 
using LaTeX and the LNCS style available at www.springer.de/comp/lncs. All 
submissions will be refereed. Submissions must not substantially duplicate 
work that any of the authors have published elsewhere or have submitted in 
parallel.

The workshop will also include a poster and demonstrator session. 
Submissions will include a 2-page summary as well as a rough draft of the 
poster.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission Deadline:		15th March, 2004
Acceptance Notifications: 	30th April, 2004
Final Version due:		1st June, 2004
Workshop:			5th-6th August, 2004
Proceedings Version Deadline: 	6th September, 2004

MAILING LIST

If you want to receive subsequent Call for Papers and registration 
information, please send a brief mail to [email-masked] and in the 
mail body write "subscribe esasworkshop".

REGISTRATION

Registration is available now! 
(http://www.eurescom.de/Public/Events/2004/ESAS_2004/esas_2004_registration.asp) 
All sessions will be held at EURESCOM (http://www.eurescom.de).

WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS

Claude Castelluccia, INRIA, France ([email-masked])
Hannes Hartenstein, University of Karlsruhe, Germany 
([email-masked])
Christof Paar, University of Bochum, Germany ([email-masked])
Dirk Westhoff, NEC Network Labs Heidelberg, Germany 
([email-masked])

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

N. Asokan, Nokia, Finland
Levente Buttyan, BME-HIT, Hungary
Sonja Buchegger, EPFL, Switzerland
Claude Castelluccia, INRIA, France
Claudia Eckert, TU Darmstadt, Germany
Hannes Hartenstein, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
Stefan Lucks, University of Mannheim, Germany
Refik Molva, Eurecom, France
Gabriel Montenegro, SunLabs, France
Pekka Nikander, Ericsson, Finland
Christof Paar, University of Bochum, Germany
Panagiotis Papadimitratos, Cornell University, USA
Frank Stajano, University of Cambridge, UK
Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine, USA
Andre Weimerskirch, University of Bochum, Germany
Nathalie Weiler, ETH Zuerich, Switzerland
Dirk Westhoff, NEC Europe Ltd., Germany
Susanne Wetzel, Stevens Institute of Technology, USA
Manel Guerrero Zapata, University Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain

WORKSHOP PROCEEDINGS

The Proceedings will be published by Springer after the Workshop in the 
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Series 
(www.springer.de/comp/lncs). Notice that in order to be included in the 
proceedings, the authors of an accepted paper must guarantee to present 
their contribution at the workshop.

FURTHER WORKSHOP INFORMATION

Dirk Westhoff
NEC Europe Ltd.
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36
D-69115 Heidelberg
Germany

Phone: +49/(0)6221/90511-49
Fax: +49/(0)6221/90511-55
Email: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technically co-sponsored by IEEE Communications Society, Germany Chapter 
(http://it.e-technik.uni-ulm.de/comsoc/), Supported by Inria 
(http://www.inria.fr/), Supported by Cosy Group 
(http://www.crypto.rub.de/Seminare/Krypt/Krypto_engwise0203.html), 
Supported by DSN Group  (cid:[email-masked]), 
Supported by NL-E (http://www.ccrle.nec.de/), Proceedings published as 
Springer LNCS 
(http://www.springerlink.com/app/home/main.asp?wasp=1b22a8h1021trge130e)
------------------------------------------------------------------------