Subject: [nemo] NEMO Agenda

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:46:12 +0900

# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
# NEMO WG - 59th IETF Seoul - Monday 1st March 2004 9.00 AM
#
# WG Page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/nemo-charter.html
# All drafts available directly from http://www.mobilenetworks.org/nemo/
# or from the IETF web page: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o Agenda Bashing ............................................ 5 mins
  Chairs

o NEMO status and milestones ................................ 5 mins
  Chairs

o NEMO Basic Support Specification...........................10 mins
  TJ Kniveton

  To be read:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~
  Network Mobility (NEMO) Basic Support Protocol
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-basic-support-02.txt

  Issue List
  http://people.nokia.net/vijayd/nemo/issues.html

  To be discussed:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  - documnet status 
  - report on San Jose's Connectathlon (Feb.04) 
   
o NEMO Basic Support Usages .................................10 mins.

  To be read:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~
  Examples of Basic NEMO Usage
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-nemo-basic-usages-01.txt

  To be discussed:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  - make draft-thubert a WG doc
  - agree on the exact content of the document

o Threat in NEMO Basic Support...............................10 mins

  To be read:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~
  Threats for Basic Network Mobility Support (NEMO threats)
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petrescu-nemo-threats-01.txt

  Threat Analysis for NEMO
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jung-nemo-threat-analysis-01.txt

  To be discussed:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  - how to proceed to have a WG document

o Prefix Delegation..........................................10 mins
  
  To be read:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~ 
  DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation for NEMO
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-droms-nemo-dhcpv6-pd-01.txt

o Multihoming Pb Statement...................................30 mins
  Nicolas Montavont, ChanWah Ng, EunKyoung Paik

  To be read:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~
  Goals and Benefits of Multihoming   
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-multihoming-generic-goals-and-benefits-00.txt

  Multihoming Issues in Bi-Directional Tunneling
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ng-nemo-multihoming-issues-03.txt

  To be discussed:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  - make draft-ng a WG doc
  - agree on exact content of WG doc

o Threat in multihoming......................................10 mins
  Seongho Cho

  To be read:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~
  Threat for Multi-homed Mobile Networks
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cho-nemo-threat-multihoming-00.txt

o NEMO Terminology Upates .................................. 10 mins
  Thierry Ernst

  To be read:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~
  Network Mobility Support Terminology
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-terminology-01.txt
 
  To be discussed:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  - document should go to last call
  - do we keep the multihoming and 'nested + multihoming' examples
  within this document ?

o NEMO Goals and Requirements Update  ....................... 5 mins
  Thierry Ernst

  To be read:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~
  Network Mobility Support Goals and Requirements
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-requirements-02.txt

  To be discussed:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  - document should go to last call
  - is section 5 "NEMO Basic Support One-liner Requirements" still
  meaningful ?

o IPR........................................................10 mins
  TJ

  To be read:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~
  Guidelines for Working Groups on Intellectual Property Issues (RFC3669)
  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3669.txt?number=3669

o Analysis of the Solution Space for Route Optimization......10 mins

  To be read:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~
  Several solution drafts have been submitted last year (see below)

  To be discussed:
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  - at this point, we don't intent to speak about solutions, but only
  the problem statement and analysis of the solution space.

  - how are we going to proceed with this item ?

o Conclusion and next steps.................................. 5 mins

# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
# Other Internet Drafts Recently Submitted to the NEMO WG
# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inter Home Agents Protocol (HAHA)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wakikawa-mip6-nemo-haha-01.txt

Hierarchical Mobile Router Advertisement for nested mobile networks
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cho-nemo-hmra-00.txt

ND-Proxy based Route Optimization for Mobile Nodes in Mobile Network
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-02.txt

Taxonomy of Route Optimization models in the Nemo Context
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-02.txt

Route Optimization for Mobile Nodes in Mobile Network
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leekj-nemo-ro-pd-02.txt

Issues in Designing Mobile IPv6 Network Mobility
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petrescu-nemo-mrha-03.txt

Laboratory and "Field" Experiments with IPv6 Mobile Networks in Vehicular Environments
October 03     
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lach-nemo-experiments-overdrive-01.txt
    
ND-Proxy based Route Optimization for Mobile Nodes in Mobile Network 
Feb.04
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-02.txt

Route Optimization for Mobile Nodes in Mobile Network  based on Prefix Delegation   
Feb.04
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leekj-nemo-ro-pd-02.txt

Secure Nested Tunnels Optimization using Nested Path Information 
Sept.03                                  
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-na-nemo-nested-path-info-00.txt

HMIP based Route optimization method in a mobile network
Oct.03
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohnishi-nemo-ro-hmip-00.txt
  
Mobile Network Prefix Delegation extension for Mobile IPv6 
March 03 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paakkonen-nemo-prefix-delegation-00.txt
    
IPv6 Reverse Routing Header and its application to Mobile Networks
Feb. 04
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-nemo-reverse-routing-header-04.txt

# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
# Related Documents Useful for Today's Meeting
# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goals and Benefits of Multihoming
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-multihoming-generic-goals-and-benefits-00.txt

IPv6 addressing in a heterogeneous MANET-network
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paakkonen-addressing-htr-manet-00.txt

# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
# Older Draft Submitted to the NEMO WG (expired)
# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- draft-thubert-nemo-ipv4-traversal-01.txt (expired)
  IPv4 traversal for MIPv6 based Mobile Routers
  May 03

- http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perera-nemo-extended-00.txt
  Extended Network Mobility Support (expired)

- draft-hkang-nemo-ro-tlmr-00.txt (expired)
  Route Optimization for Mobile Network by Using Bi-directional 
  Between Home Agent and Top Level Mobile Router 
  June 03

# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
# WG Milestones
# ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o Former milestones as currently shown on the web:
1. Mar 03    	Submit terminology and requirements documents (for Basic support).
2. May 03    	Submit Threat analysis and security requirements for NEMO.
3. Aug 03    	Submit solution for basic support to IESG.
4. Nov 03    	Submit MIB for Basic support to the IESG.
5. Mar 04    	Submit the analysis of the solution space for route optimization.
6. Jun 04    	Shut down or recharter the WG to solve the route optimization.

o New milestones as the web page should show very soon:
1. DONE 	Submit WG draft -00 on Terminology and Requirements (for Basic Support)
3. DONE    	Submit NEMO Basic Support to IESG
2. Mar 04	Submit WG draft -00 on Threat Analysis and Security Requirements for NEMO.
7. Mar 04	Submit WG draft -00 on Multihoming Problem Statement
8. Mar 04	Submit WG draft -00 on NEMO Basic Support Usages
9. Apr 04	Submit Terminology as Informational to IETG
10 Apr 04	Submit Goals and Requirements as Informational to IESG
11 Apr 04	Submit WG draft -00 on Prefix Delegation for NEMO
4. May 04       Submit WG draft -00 on MIB for NEMO Basic Support
5. Jun 04	Submit WG draft -00 on Analysis of the Solution Space for Route Optimization
6. Aug 04	Shut down or recharter the WG to solve route optimization