Subject: RE: [nemo] Visiting Nodes

From: Miklós Aurél Rónai (IJ/ETH)<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:47:47 +0100

Hi Carlos,

I would like to reflect shortly on the paragraph below.

> 	On the other hand, IMHO it is very interesting the 
> topic of practical usage scenarios in which network mobility 
> could be involved. I mean, what is more likely to occur, 
> nodes with ongoing communications that enters in a train or 
> nodes that enter in a train and start browsing the Internet, 
> for example?

I think that the scenario where people enter a train and starts web browsing is more likely today ... but tomorrow where we will be able to make video conferences with our handhelds it will be more typical that we enter the metro or the train with ongoing communications. I am afraid that DHCPv6 or IPv6 stateless autoconfiguration are not able to handle movements of mobile nodes with ongoing transmissions.

/Miklos

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

---

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:07:15 +0100

Hi Miklós,

> I think that the scenario where people enter a train and starts web browsing is more likely today ... but tomorrow where we will be able to make video conferences with our handhelds it will be more…

	Yes, you are right. I was also trying to start some discussion about
the possible scenarios in which network mobility will be involved in the
future. IMHO, it is very important to take into account the different
possibilities and which ones are more likely. Depending on the usage
scenarios, some kind of problems will be more critical than others, and
maybe will require more effort in order to be solved. Why do you think
about some kind of document/discussion about the NEMO potential
scenarios and the identification of specific problems/needed
optimisations? Perhaps this has been discussed in the mailing list
before, sorry if it has been already done...

	Best regards,

	Carlos J.

-- 
Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano - http://www.it.uc3m.es/cjbc/
GPG FP: 1880 80D3 8004 25C7 6537  8E02 252A D295 9CFF DEAF

---

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:07:15 +0100

Hi Miklós,

	Best regards,

	Carlos J.