Subject: [nemo] draft-cho-nemo-hmra-00.txt

From: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:41:30 +0900 (JST)

Hello.

About draft-cho-nemo-hmra-00.txt:

Cited from secion 4.1 Router Advertisement Message Format

----
     Figure 2 shows the RA message format with age field.

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |     Type      |     Code      |          Checksum             |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      | Cur Hop Limit |M|O| Age |Rsvd |       Router Lifetime         |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                         Reachable Time                        |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                          Retrans Timer                        |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |   Options ...
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
----

The "age" is conflicts with the the Home Agent (H) flag
(in <draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-24.txt>) 
and with the Default Router Preference (prf) flag
(in <draft-ietf-ipv6-router-selection-03.txt>).

The flags is extremely expensive resource and
it is actually running out. 
Allocating another "RA option" is better.

Thanks.

-- 
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI @ USAGI Project <[email-masked]>
GPG FP: 9022 65EB 1ECF 3AD1 0BDF  80D8 4807 F894 E062 0EEA