Subject: [nemo] a special discussion session for threat analysis and security requirements

From: "S. Felix Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:59:49 -0800

Hi,

It seems to me that we have many folks are interested in working on
security/threat related issues under NEMO, while, as TJ concluded
today, we still need a good external review for security issues.

In order for us to work together more effectively as a team and
to consolidate different efforts, I proposed to TJ that maybe we
should have a special meeting this week in Seoul to discuss about
security issue. This special discussion will be open to any one
who is interested in the security issue under NEMO.

I propose two options for the meeting time:
(1). 11-12 on Wed morning
(2). 11-12 on Thu morning

For those of you who are indeed interested in joining us, please
let me know in emails whether any one of the propsed time is good
for you. And, then, after I collect all the inputs, I will announce
tomorrow around 4:00 p.m. to the NEMO mailing list.

Draft Agenda:
(1). Introduce ourselves
(2). status of all current drafts
(3). what should we really achieve regarding the security issue
      in NEMO?
(4). "how to achieve that goal" and hopefully some action items
      before the next IETF.

Thanks. Any comments will be welcome.
-Felix
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. S. (Shyhtsun) Felix Wu                           [email-masked]
Associate Professor                      http://www.cs.ucdavis.edu/~wu
Computer Science Department                     office: 1-530-754-7070
University of California at Davis               fax:    1-530-752-4767
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:37:50 +0900

> today, we still need a good external review for security issues.

Maybe I didn't state it understandably at the meeting. The draft has 
definitely undergone an extensive security analysis and review during 
and after creation. I was saying that I would like to see some experts 
from the security Area make commentary and analysis about the draft. We 
have requested this a while back, but it didn't happen.

I'm not trying to imply that the NEMO basic solution is deficient; as I 
said in the meeting, I would like a positive affirmation of the 
security analysis by those whose primary interest is security.

TJ

---

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:37:50 +0900

TJ