Subject: [nemo] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-cho-nemo-threat-multihoming-00.txt

From: Seongho Cho <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:33:34 +0900

Hi all,

Just to inform you that we have submitted a new I-D on threats for multihoming.
We tried to write possible attack scenarios for multi-homed mobile networks
and hope that this I-D will initiate some discussions on this topic.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: IETF-Announce: ;
From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cho-nemo-threat-multihoming-00.txt
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:43:47 -0500
Precedence: bulk

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Threat for Multi-homed Mobile Networks
	Author(s)	: S. Cho
	Filename	: draft-cho-nemo-threat-multihoming-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-2-5
	
In mobile networks, the Mobile Router (MR) is an operational main 
   entity. With multiple MRs, mobile networks can provide the stability 
   of service. And, there already exist various multi-homing scenarios. 
   However, because of mobility and MR-HA relations, there are several 
   security problems in multi-homed mobile networks. In this draft, we 
   identify threats to multi-homed mobile networks. And we will 
   illustrate several scenarios of Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks, 
   Redirection attacks, and Replay attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cho-nemo-threat-multihoming-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cho-nemo-threat-multihoming-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cho-nemo-threat-multihoming-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Cho, Seongho (Ph.D. candidate)

 Information Networking & Computing Laboratory,
 School of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University
 San 56-1, Shillim dong, Gwanak gu, Seoul, 151-744, Korea.

 TEL: +82-2-884-3936 
 FAX: +82-2-871-4912 
 http://popeye.snu.ac.kr/~shcho ; mailto:[email-masked] 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Seongho Cho <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:33:34 +0900

Hi all,

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: IETF-Announce: ;

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

----- End forwarded message -----

 TEL: +82-2-884-3936 
 FAX: +82-2-871-4912