Subject: [nemo] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-02.txt]

From: Chan-Wah NG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:58:54 +0800

Hello,

I didn't realize that Pascal did not forward this to the NEMO ML... or
perhaps he did, but I couldn't find it in my own archive.  So, there you
guys go.  Apologize if it is a duplicate.  

This draft gives an analysis of the possible RO Solution Space in NEMO. 
It is our intention (well, at least mine) that this draft be considered
as a starting point for the RO Solution Space Analysis, which is a
milestone in the WG charter.

Comments are always welcome.

/rgds
/cwng

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-02.txt
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:37:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Taxonomy of Route Optimization models in the Nemo Context
	Author(s)	: P. Thubert, M. Molteni, C. Ng
	Filename	: draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-02.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-2-17
	
Nemo enables Mobile Networks by extending Mobile IP to support Mobile
Routers.  This paper documents how the MIPv6 concept of Route
Optimization can to be adapted for Nemo to optimize:
1) the nested tunnels of the nested Nemo configuration
2) router-to-router within the infrastructure as opposed to end-to-
end.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

________________________________________________________________________
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-02.txt

---

From: Mattias Pettersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:32:00 +0100

> Comments are always welcome.

Short comment: chapter 1-5 and 7 are very good and they reflect what we 
now know and I agree on them. But chapter 6 is difficult to grasp and I 
would prefer it to be more elaborate. Simply more text and an easier 
level. Chapter 7 doesn't summarise anything from chapter 6, shouldn't it?

/Mattias

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

---

From: Mattias Pettersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:32:00 +0100

/Mattias

---

From: Hiroyuki OHNISHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:13:32 +0900

Hi,

I am co-author of this draft.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:32:00 +0100

> level. Chapter 7 doesn't summarise anything from chapter 6, shouldn't it?

We need to brush-up Chapter 6 and Chapter 7(chapter 6 does not reflect
to chapter 7 now as you mentioned).
Current chapter 6 just shows some points that we think are important
points to design solution for RO in nested NEMO.
Do you have any point to add this Chapter? 

-- 
Hiroyuki OHNISHI
NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories
Phone: +81-422-59-4132, Fax: +81-422-60-7460
mailto: [email-masked]

---

From: Hiroyuki OHNISHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:13:32 +0900

Hi,