Subject: [nemo] Layer 3 handoff

From: "Muhammad Ali Malik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:04:10 +1000

Hi

Consider a situation when mobile network is deployed in bus or train. How
many Layer 3 handoff is possible when connected to same subscriber using 3G
technology. Because if there is no layer 3 handoff when connected to same
subscriber, there will be no use of nemo or mobile IPv6 for the moving
network.

Thanxx and regards,

Muhammad

---

From: "Soliman Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 01:28:49 -0500

>Consider a situation when mobile network is deployed in bus or train. How
many Layer 3 
 >handoff is possible when connected to same subscriber using 3G technology.
Because if 
 >there is no layer 3 handoff when connected to same subscriber, there will
be no use of 
 >nemo or mobile IPv6 for the moving network.  

=> Correct. There is no L3 handoff in this scenario.
OTOH, if there is another access available (connected to a different
AR) there can be an L3 handoff. 

Hesham

========================================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is 
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
========================================================

---

From: "Soliman Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 01:28:49 -0500

many Layer 3 
Because if 
be no use of 

Hesham