Subject: [nemo] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-janneteau-nemo-multicast-mldproxy-00.txt]

From: Christophe Janneteau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:03:21 +0200

Hi All,

Just to inform you that we have submitted a new I-D on the support of IP 
multicast for mobile networks. The proposal relies on the use of the 
MLD-based multicast forwarding mechanism (from magma WG) inside the 
mobile network.

I was expecting the draft to be announced on the NEMO mailing list too, 
but it was not...this is why I am sending this email now.

Thanks
Christophe

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-janneteau-nemo-multicast-mldproxy-00.txt
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:29:14 -0400
List-Id: <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Multicast for Mobile Networks with MLD-Proxy
	Author(s)	: C. Janneteau, et al.
	Filename	: draft-janneteau-nemo-multicast-mldproxy-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2004-4-28
	
This document addresses the problem of delivering IPv6 multicast
   traffic to nodes inside a mobile network. An approach based on the
   deployment of "MLD-based Multicast Forwarding (MLD-proxying)" [1]
   in the mobile network, combined with the use of MLD [2][3] between
   the mobile router (MR) and the visited network, is proposed. Such a
   configuration allows multicast support for mobile networks, without
   the need to run a multicast routing protocol. In addition of being
   simple to implement and deploy, this approach provides global
   mobility in the Internet, and optimal multicast routing with nested
   mobile networks, while optimizing network and radio resources. This
   document does not specify new protocols, nor extensions to existing
   protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-janneteau-nemo-multicast-mldproxy-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-janneteau-nemo-multicast-mldproxy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-janneteau-nemo-multicast-mldproxy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.