Subject: [nemo] Questions on multiple mobile network prefixes in a BU

From: "Tan, Tat Kin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:14:34 +0800

Hello,

I was reading the NEMO Basic Support Protocol
draft-ietf-nemo-basic-support-02.txt and on page 7 where a statement was
describing :

"If the mobile network has more than one IPv6 prefix and wants the Home
Agent to setup forwarding for all there prefixes, it includes multiple
prefix information options in a single BU."

My question is, how can this be achieved? I mean if there is 10 or 20
different nested networks are within that moving networks and could a
single BU be able to cater all information? Will there be any risk
associate of setting up such large scale? My concern also goes to the
performance whereby could this be potentially delaying the binding
processes?

Million thanks.

Rgds,
Tatkin

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:06:34 +0200

Tan, Tat Kin wrote:
> draft-ietf-nemo-basic-support-02.txt and on page 7 where a statement 
> was describing :
> 
> "If the mobile network has more than one IPv6 prefix and wants the 
> Home Agent to setup forwarding for all there prefixes, it includes 
> multiple prefix information options in a single BU."
> 
>  different nested networks are within that moving networks and could 
> a single BU be able to cater all information?

No no, that capability of multiple prefixes within a BU is for only one
MR.  It is possible that MR has two fixed links in the moving network
and that each link has a different prefix, such as the two prefixes are
not related in an "aggregation" manner; in this case the MR sends both
prefixes in the BU (instead of only one aggregated prefix).

If there are 10 or 20 different nested networks then each MR of the 10
or 20 networks will send its own BU (with a simple or multiple MNP's);
it's not that the uppermost MR will send a single BU with all the
prefixes in all the moving networks below it.

Alex

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:06:34 +0200

Alex