Subject: [nemo] HAHA protocol Q again

From: "Tan, Tat Kin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:03:36 +0800

Hello again,

I have a question at HAHA protocl draft and at section 9 for scenario
described in Figure 3, of which the sequence 6 and sequence 7.

My question is, is that possible that when CN2 (sequence 7) sends to
HA3, and HA3 instead of (as described in Figure 3) tunnelling to MN,
somehow tunnel to other HAs like HA2 (or HA1?) and then only in turns
tunnel back to MN? My question was base on a thought of how
"intelligent" the HA could be and of course to factor in the different
sub links for those HAs resided in. Please help me to understand that
this will not generate extra overheads to the general network traffics.

Million thanks.

Rgds,
Tatkin

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:36:52 +0900

Hello Tatkin again

At Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:03:36 +0800,
> tunnel back to MN? My question was base on a thought of how

Yes, it is possible.
The scenario is described in Figure 2 of Section9 (sequence 11).

> this will not generate extra overheads to the general network traffics.

It is up to how multiple HAs(home hinks) are configured on the
Internet.  If the home links are connected directly by L2 like VPN,
we can ignore extra overheads. 

Home link is typically managed by single Service Provider, ISP can
burden with those extra overheads.

regards,
ryuji

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:36:52 +0900

Hello Tatkin again

Yes, it is possible.

regards,
ryuji