Subject: [nemo] Conflicting statements - RAs on e-gress interfaces

From: "O.L.N.Rao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:39:51 +0530

Hello All,

    I am just cut-pasting the snips from the NEMO Basic Support Protocol (Draft Version 3)
    which are conflicting.

    [SNIP 1]

    5.6. Neighbor Discovery for Mobile Router

    When the Mobile Router is at home, it MAY be configured to send
   Router Advertisements and reply to Router Solicitations on the
   interface attached to the home link.  The value of the Router
   *Lifetime field MUST be set to zero* to prevent other nodes from
   configuring the Mobile Router as the default router.

    [SNIP 2]

    5.8. Returning Home

    -  The Mobile Router MAY send router advertisements on its egress
       interfaces.  But the router *lifetime SHOULD be set to 0*, so that
       hosts on the home link do not pick the Mobile Router as the
       default router.

    I guess following the lines of 5.6 would be better choice.

    Let me know if i am missing any thing.

    Thank you,

Regards,
O.L.N. Rao

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:13:23 -0700

thanks for catching this. as Hesham mentioned SHOULD
is probably better.

Vijay

---

From: "O.L.N.Rao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:22:25 +0530

That is fine... :)

Thanks,
O.L.N. Rao