Subject: Re: [nemo] Announcing RRH version 5

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:48:47 +0900

Dear all,

> [about RRH...]
> > In fact, since it's an RO feature, we had to hold it for some time in
> > order to focus on the basic support; on the bright side, this left
> > RRH a fair chance to mature, which it did. Overtime, a number of
> > competing techniques have been proposed, but RRH still stands as one
> > good way of performing RO.
> > 
> > In fact, now that Tree Discovery is available as a separate draft,
> > the needs and values of RRH are much clearer. Tree Discovery traces
> > an optimized spanning tree of MRs, rooted at the infrastructure; and
> > on top of route optimization and tunnel compression, RRH alleviates
> > security and privacy issues and allows forwarding by a MR that would
> > not be bound home, which in particular breaks a classical mobile Home
> > deadlock in basic NEMO.
> > 
> > I believe it's time to discuss whether tree discovery and RRH are
> > part of the things we want to work on as a WG. I'm not sure it all
> > fits in the current charter.

My perception is that whether the WG decides to work on this or not is a
matter of the conclusions of the WG problem statement document that we
haven't issued yet. 

So, to early to discuss if the WG wants to work on it, but early enough
to discuss such ideas on the ML and in drafts.

> Informally speaking, there may be IPR on solutions for Route 
> Optimization for Moving Networks.

Thierry.