Subject: [nemo] RE: Nemo Digest, Vol 3, Issue 14

From: "Tan, Tat Kin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:15:25 +0800

I have yet to read the new draft submitted by Benjamin but this is
interesting questions. I do not know if my understanding of NEMO is good
enough but I have some thoughts about this.

If I would to develop based on Kuntz's questions, my another question
would be like this:

- Assuming MNN has been talking to CN.
- CN knows the Home Address of MNN and hence sent all communication
packets to MNN's Home Link.
- the home agent of MNN knows the whereabouts of MNN and routed packets
via a bi-derectional channels to the MR of which MNN attached to.
- MNN reverse tunnel and talked to CN. Both CN and MNN does not need to
know each's physical location. The Home Agent will do the routings.
- Now, supposed the MR of which the MNN had moved. Per example by Kuntz,
CN will have no idea of the move and continue talking to MNN via HA. HA
does not know MR has moved until receiving MR's BU.
- up to now, packets will be lost because MR has moved!
- supposed, it will be even worst if MR moved but not MNN! MNN now
become a VMN to some other Mobile Network and could then attached to
some foreign MR (named MR2)

My question would be, 

- CN still sending packets to HA, packet lost because there is a lost of
the time "before BU is sent from MNN from MR2". Is this correct?
- when MR moved, does the bi-directional channel move together? I do not
think so cause a new CoA will be given to MR on a new link. Am I right?
Cause a tunnel has an end-point address of the MR's former CoA. So again
like Kuntz said, CN will still continue (or perhaps HA will still
continue) sending packets to the old bi-directional channel. How would
this be tackled?

Apology if I m not making any sense,

Cheers,

Tatkin

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:41:53 +0900
From: Romain KUNTZ <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [nemo] New draft submitted: draft-koh-dihap-00.txt
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:54:44 +0800
Benjamin Koh Tien-Ming <[email-masked]> wrote:

> A new draft was submitted and can be found at:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koh-dihap-00.txt
> 
> All feedback are welcome!

I have just a question about this draft:
- Once the MN changed its home agent, how does the packets from a CN are
routed to the new home agent ? I mean, unless the MN changes its home
address, the CN will go on sending packets to the former home network!
If the MN changes its home address, current transport sessions between
MN and CN are terminated... Maybe I missed something reading the draft?
- If Home Agents operates in solo mode, I guess each HA has to update
all others HA Home Interface List each time its own Home Interface List
change, otherwise HAs will not be synchronised. Isn't it a little bit
too expensive ?

Best regards,

-- 
Romain KUNTZ
[email-masked]