Subject: RE: [nemo] comments on draft-ietf-nemo-terminology

From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:04:31 +0200

Hi Thierry:

The RRH draft has a concept of 'solid' NEMO which means that a nested
structure of mobile and non mobile routers is moving as a whole with no
inner topological deformation. You may think of a term like 'plastic'
for a structure that moves as a whole but with inner movements as well,
like a swarm. I believe that such terms are useful for the RO
discussion. 

Could you consider to add them in the terminology draft?

Pascal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Thierry Ernst
> Sent: jeudi 29 juillet 2004 10:58
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [nemo] comments on draft-ietf-nemo-terminology
> 
> 
> Hi Pascal,
> 
> > We voiced things actually. I remember saying that some words have
been
> > around too long for dismissing them so easily. People use MNP and
TLMR
> > when they talk, regardless of the new official terminology. And this
> > happens outside of the WG as well as inside. Many people now know
about
> > NEMO and it's hard to get them to say root-MR or Nemo-prefix. They
had
> > trouble enough to get used to the old words in the first place and
this
> > is confusing.
> 
> There are a few people that have voiced, other who are confused, some
> who used MNP and the like because it's an habbit, and those who use
the
> new terminology.
> 
> But, new terms where presented at the IETF meeting, and if some people
> were not there, they could have watched the minutes and the slides.
> 
> In any case, I don't mind whichever term is used, personaly, but I do
> want a RFC with no consistency between the terms. So far, it's only a
> draft, so things can be changed, and people can get used to it. After,
> that wouldn't be possible anymore.
> 
> I find root-MR much clearer and consistent that TLMR ; on the other
> hand, one may argue that NEMO-prefix is longer than MNP (but
NEMO-prefix
> bring the meaning of a prefix within the mobile network).
> 
> We will make a decision on these at SD, definitely.
> 
> Thierry.
>