Subject: [nemo] A New Book on Ad Hoc Wireless Networks from PH PTR

From: "B. S. Manoj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:10:55 +0530 (IST)

Hi:

Please accept my apologies if you have already received this mail or the 
information contained herein. 

For those researchers/students who are in search of
a good book on ad hoc wireless networks, a new book on Ad Hoc Wireless 
Networks titled "Ad Hoc Wireless Networks: Architectures and
Protocols" published by Prentice Hall PTR is available now. TOC is given 
below for those who are interested. 

Table of Contents
-----------------

Preface. 

1. Introduction. 

Fundamentals of Wireless Communication Technology. The Electromagnetic
Spectrum. Radio Propagation Mechanisms. Characteristics of the Wireless
Channel. ModulationTechniques. Multiple Access Techniques. Voice
Coding. Error Control. Computer Networks. Computer Network
Software. Computer Network Architecture. IEEE 802 Networking
Standard. Wireless Networks and Book
Overview. Summary. Problems. Bibliography. 

2. Wireless LANS and PANS. 

Introduction. Fundamentals of WLANs. IEEE 802.11 Standard. HIPERLAN
Standard. Bluetooth. HomeRF. Summary. Problems. Bibliography. 

3. Wireless WANS AND MANS. 

Introduction. The Cellular Concept. Cellular Architecture. The
First-Generation Cellular Systems. The Second-Generation Cellular
Systems. The Third-Generation Cellular Systems. Wireless in Local
Loop. Wireless ATM. IEEE 802.16 Standard. HIPERACCESS. Summary. 
Problems. Bibliography. 

4. Wireless Internet. 

Introduction. What Is Wireless Internet? Mobile IP. TCP in Wireless
Domain. WAP. Optimizing Web Over Wireless. Summary. 
Problems. Bibliography. 

5. Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. 

Introduction. Issues in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. Ad Hoc Wireless
Internet. Summary. Problems. Bibliography.

6. MAC Protocols for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. 

Introduction. Issues in Designing a MAC Protocol for Ad Hoc Wireless
Networks. Design Goals of a MAC Protocol for Ad Hoc Wireless
Networks. Classifications of MAC Protocols. Contention-Based
Protocols. Contention-Based Protocols with Reservation
Mechanisms. Contention-Based MAC Protocols with Scheduling Mechanisms. MAC
Protocols That Use Directional Antennas. Other MAC
Protocols. Summary. Problems. Bibliography. 

7. Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. 

Introduction. Issues in Designing a Routing Protocol for Ad Hoc Wireless
Networks. Classifi cations of Routing Protocols. Table-Driven Routing
Protocols. On-Demand Routing Protocols. Hybrid Routing Protocols. Routing
Protocols with Efficient Flooding Mechanisms. Hierarchical Routing
Protocols. Power-Aware Routing Protocols. Summary. Problems. Bibliography. 

8. Multicastrouting in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. 

Introduction. Issues in Designing a Multicast Routing Protocol. Operation
of Multicast Routing Protocols. An Architecture Reference Model for
Multicast Routing Protocols. Classifications of Multicast Routing
Protocols. Tree-Based Multicast Routing Protocols. Mesh-Based Multicast
Routing Protocols. Summary of Tree-and Mesh-Based
Protocols. Energy-Efficient Multicasting. Multicasting with Quality of
Service Guarantees. Application-Dependent Multicast
Routing. Summary. Problems. Bibliography. 

9. Transport Layer and Security Protocols for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. 

Introduction. Issues in Designing a Transport Layer Protocol for Ad Hoc
Wireless Networks. Design Goals of a Transport Layer Protocol for Ad Hoc
Wireless Networks. Classification of Transport Layer Solutions. TCP Over
Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. Other Transport Layer Protocols for Ad Hoc
Wireless Networks. Security in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. Network Security
Requirements. Issues and Challenges in Security Provisioning. Network
Security Attacks. Key Management. Secure Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless
Networks. Summary. Problems. Bibliography. 

10. Quality of Service in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. 

Introduction. Issues and Challenges in Providing QoS in Ad Hoc Wireless
Networks. Classifications of QoS Solutions. MAC Layer Solutions. Network
Layer Solutions. QoS Frameworks for Ad Hoc Wireless
Networks. Summary. Problems. Bibliography.

11. Energy Management in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. 

Introduction. Need for Energy Management in Ad Hoc Wireless
Networks. Classification of Energy Management Schemes. Battery Management
Schemes. Transmission Power Management Schemes. System Power Management
Schemes. Summary. Problems. Bibliography. 

12. Wireless Sensor Networks. 

Introduction. Sensor Network Architecture. Data Dissemination. Data
Gathering. MAC Protocols for Sensor Networks. Location Discovery. Quality
of a Sensor Network. Evolving Standards. Other
Issues. Summary. Problems. Bibliography. 

13. Hybrid Wireless Networks. 

Introduction. Next-Generation Hybrid Wireless Architectures. Routing in
Hybrid Wireless Networks. Pricing in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks. Power
Control Schemes in Hybrid Wireless Networks. Load Balancing in Hybrid
Wireless Networks. Summary. Problems. Bibliography. 

14. Recent Advances in Wireless Networks. 

Introduction. Ultra-Wide-Band Radio Communication. Wireless Fidelity
Systems. Optical Wireless Networks. The Multimode 802.11 -IEEE
802.11a/b/g. The Meghadoot Architecture. Summary. Problems. 
Bibliography. 

Abbreviations. 
Index.

See the following link for details at amazon.com. 
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/013147023X/qid=1091947540/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl14/104-8275811-3764727?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Also see the following PHPTR link for TOC. 
http://vig.prenhall.com/catalog/academic/product/0,1144,013147023X-TOC,00.html

-bsm..

B.S.Manoj, Project Officer, High Performance Computing and Networking Lab,
CSE Dept., IIT Madras, India,  Ph: +91-94441 69471 (Mobile).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------