Subject: [nemo] Question on TD

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:54:27 +0200

"When the NEMO where the MN is connected to is multihomed, the MN may
have the choice between several AR to be its default router"

What does this mean?

If MNis connected to a NEMO then it is connected, so it has no choice
between several AR's.  MN has a default router already.  It's that
NEMO's TLMR that has choice, no?

Or maybe it is meant that MN may use one of the two MR's (TLMR's) as its
default route?

Alex

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:57:08 +0900

Hi,

> have the choice between several AR to be its default router"

I concur, 'what does it mean' ? If a MN attaches to the NEMO (and thus
becomes a VMN from our terminology), its default router is the MR (or
one of the MR if the NEMO is multihomed (cases [n,*,1] from
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-multihoming-issues-00.txt).
The AR is the default router of the MR.

> Or maybe it is meant that MN may use one of the two MR's (TLMR's) as its

in which case the default router of the VMN would still be one of the
root-MRs (what some people call TLMR - note that the decision at IETF60
is to remove this term and solely use root-MR).

Thierry