Subject: [nemo] comments on "Tree Discovery" draft

From: "Fan Zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 03:20:56 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Pascal,

I have read the "Nested NEMO Tree Discovery" draft and have some
comments as follows.

1. In section 1, "if loops are avoided, the nested NEMO assumes the
shape of a tree." It is not clear to me which one is described here, 
the real topology of nested nemo or the abstract model of that topology? 
What relationship between MRs is represented by the edge in the "tree"?
In the multihoming nested nemo, the topology of NEMO is not a tree. I think
a Directed Acyclic Graph <N, E> where N is a set of nodes
and E is a set of directed links is a more general model. MR and/or 
LFN/VMN 
belongs to E and there is a directed link from i to j, i->j as long as j 
achieves the care of address from i. 

2.In the first papragraph in section 3.1, it seems to me that there is no
direct connection with the following text. Maybe delete it?
     
3. The draft descibes the state transitions in section 5.3. A state machine
diagram will be helpful. 

4. This draft proposes to use the RA message to carry TIO. 
I wonder how to pretect and verify those messages?
A black hole attack is easily launched.

Thanks for all the replies.

Sincerely,
fan

---

From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:55:25 +0200

> I don't see flows in the draft and I can't find "flow" either...

TD does not add messages to ND. It is expected that RAs are well
understood by now. But yes, I could add a picture showing how an RA is
propagated down the tree.

Pascal