Subject: [nemo] Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-kumazawa-nemo-tbdnd-01.txt

From: Masayuki Kumazawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:10:57 +0900

Hi All,

I would like to inform you that we have submitted the -01 of the  
duplicate network detection for split mobile network.

We extended it to support multiple NEMO prefixes in a NEMO ( 
(n,1,1) and (n,1,n) described in the multihoming analysis draft).

We think split mobile network would be a problem in a NEMO 
with multiple Mobile Routers.

In a mobile network such as Wireless PAN, Mobile Routers might change 
their location, which will cause split mobile network problem.

In a vehicle or plane network, the sharing of prefix will also provide 
redundancy or other benefits of multihoming.

However, Home Agent has no way to know whether Mobile Routers 
claiming the same prefix are in the same NEMO.

And a Mobile Router should be able to know whether prefixes configured 
on it are used in another NEMO.

The objective of this document is to precipitate discussions in 
issues regarding multihomed NEMO with multiple Mobile Routers.  Hence 
all comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Token based Duplicate Network Detection for split 
			  mobile network (Token based DND)
	Author(s)	: M. Kumazawa, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kumazawa-nemo-tbdnd-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-10-13

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kumazawa-nemo-tbdnd-01.txt
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,
Masayuki