Subject: RE: provisioning system? (was: [nemo] New draft on prefix delegation)

From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:36:10 +0200

> 
> Pascal, seems to me like you are talking about what was formerly known
> as ASP Application Service Provider.  Although I'm aware of several
ASP
> products I'm not aware of any joint effort to standardize interfaces.
> Or maybe webservices aka SOAP and XML.  But those are completely
outside
> the scope of NEMO.

Not quite :( 

A provisioning system is just the name for one of the major components
of an Operating Support Systems (OSS). The OSS has to be integrated with
other systems such as the BSS (Business Support Systems, not 802.11)

We as NEMO need to think of a solution that can be deployed in the real
world. Which is full of BSS... 

Pascal

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:29:34 +0200

Pascal Thubert (pthubert) wrote:
>> Pascal, seems to me like you are talking about what was formerly 
>> known as ASP Application Service Provider.  Although I'm aware of 
>> several ASP products I'm not aware of any joint effort to 
>> standardize interfaces. Or maybe webservices aka SOAP and XML.  But
>>  those are completely outside the scope of NEMO.
> 
> Not quite :(
> 
> A provisioning system is just the name for one of the major 
> components of an Operating Support Systems (OSS). The OSS has to be 
> integrated with other systems such as the BSS (Business Support 
> Systems, not 802.11)
> 
> We as NEMO need to think of a solution that can be deployed in the 
> real world. Which is full of BSS...

At this point I'm a bit lost, maybe because I find this decription to be
too generic, I'm sorry.  Thanks for the information.

Alex