Subject: [nemo] Issues List on Multihoming Issues

From: Chan-Wah Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:08:43 +0800

Hello all,

Like to announce the availability of an issue list for NEMO multihoming
issues draft at the following URL:

http://www.mobilenetworks.org/nemo/draft-ietf-nemo-multihoming-issues/

We will be working on the 01 version of the draft to close as much of
these issues as possible.  Meanwhile, input from the WG will definitely
be helpful and welcomed.

/rgds
/cwng

---

From: Vikrant Kaulgud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:51:41 +0530

Hi folks,

In issue 2 regarding multi-homed MNNs, are we considering MNNs are
multi-homed by virtue of obtaining multiple nemo prefixes or would
MNNs have multiple access paths to the MRs themselves.

In the later situation, multihoming on MNNs can be exploited in better
way to achieve higher levels of fault tolerance.

Rgds
Vikrant
Infosys Technologies Ltd.
India.

-- 
~~~~~~~~
Regards
Vikrant

---

From: Chan-Wah Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:46:27 +0800

Hello Vikrant,

> MNNs have multiple access paths to the MRs themselves.

We are more focused on MNNs having multiple addresses configured from
different NEMO-prefix, since some issues may be related to NEMO.  

> way to achieve higher levels of fault tolerance.

This I agree, but there is nothing NEMO specific.  Any node (fixed,
mobile, or otherwise) with multiple path access to its router will enjoy
the same benefit.

/rgds
/cwng