Subject: [nemo] questions on draft-kniveton-nemo-prefix-delegation-00

From: "Fan Zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

Dear T.J. and Pascal,

Sorry for the late response to this PD draft as I was ill last week.

In the scenarios where MR is desired to be assigned the MNP
dynamically, if I am not wrong, there may exist the inconsistency problem 
between 
MR's MNP and MNN's Home Address. Note that the problem does not 
depend on the specification of prefix delegation mechanism.

In MIP6, MN knows when is the proper time to change its
home address as it knows the state of communication between itself and
CN. However in NEMO, MR's MNP can not be changed when one of its MNNs 
still
 communicates with CN because in NEMO Basic Support protocol, HA has no 
route once an old MNP is withdrawn. Thus a mechanism to detect the state 
of MNN might be needed in order not to
break the continuity of session. Please correct me if I am wrong. 
Thanks.

Sincerely,
fan