Subject: [nemo] Question: m flag in NEMO Basic Support

From: Fred Lin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 23:03:17 +0800

Hi :

I just start the nemo draft study and found something strange in NEMO
Basic Support draft03  page 8, 4-1 Binding Update.

Instead of flags |A|H|L|K|Res in RFC 3775, The flag is  |A|H|L|K|M|R|Res .
There are two new flags (M,R) in the header, but only Router flag(R)
were mentioned in draft.
I wonder to know why there's no description about M flag? Or had this
flag been predefined by other draft?

regards

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:24:06 +0200

Fred Lin wrote:
> Instead of flags |A|H|L|K|Res in RFC 3775, The flag is
> |A|H|L|K|M|R|Res . There are two new flags (M,R) in the header, but
> only Router flag(R) were mentioned in draft. I wonder to know why
> there's no description about M flag? Or had this flag been predefined
> by other draft?

Hi Fred, if I remember correctly the M flag is used by HMIPv6  to
indicate a MAP registration -  the document is now addressing the IESG
comments, check the MIPSHOP Working Group.

Alex

---

From: Chan-Wah Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:36:14 +0800

Hello Fred,

> flag been predefined by other draft?

Yes, HMIP. See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-hmipv6-02.txt

/rgds
/cwng