Subject: [nemo] NEMO Basic Support IPR from CISCO

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:29:57 +0900

Dear all,

CISCO statement on NEMO Basic Support has changed.

Please check
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/cisco-ipr-draft-ietf-nemo-basic-support-03.txt

I think that this doesn't prevent anymore the integration of NEMO Basic
Support code in distribution such as KAME's BSD style or USAGI/MIPL's
open source.

I would like to thank CISCO guys at the Sophia-Antipolis research center
for there careful and sensitive answer to our concerns on their previous
statement.

Thierry.

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:11:28 +0100

> CISCO statement on NEMO Basic Support has changed.

Thanks Thierry and Cisco affiliates who made this change possible.

In the mean time, the NEMO BAsic Support draft has also changed a lot.
It includes more and more specific language on using dynamic routing
protocol with NEMO.  These modifs were introduced mainly as remarks from
IESG and WG members not affiliated with Cisco.

So, my question is, does the Cisco statement cover these changes too?

Additionally, it is also good to know whether the related Nokia NEMO IPR
covers this.

The reason I am asking is to figure out whether it is worth working on
having a dynamic routing protocol with NEMO, i.e. without infringing IPR.

Alex