Subject: [nemo] M bit

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:31:20 +0900

Dear all,

Someone has jusked ask me what is the M bit in the BU format of RFC3963,
and of course I replied it's related to
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-hmipv6-04.txt

When we revise NEMO BS, I think we should be a bit more explicit than
simply saying "the rest of the BU format remains the same as defined in
[1]" since the"M" bit is not defined in [1]. This might include a
reference to HMIP. 

Thierry.

Devarapalli, et al.         Standards Track                     [Page 6]
RFC 3963              NEMO Basic Support Protocol           January 2005

4.1.  Binding Update

   A new flag (R) is included in the Binding Update to indicate to the
   Home Agent whether the Binding Update is coming from a Mobile Router
   and not from a mobile node.  The rest of the Binding Update format
   remains the same as defined in [1].

    0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                   |          Sequence #           |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |A|H|L|K|M|R|      Reserved     |           Lifetime            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                                                               |
   |                                                               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-- 
Thierry Ernst, PhD
WIDE, Jun Murai Lab., Keio University, Japan
Nautilus6 Chair: http://www.nautilus6.org
Web: http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/~ernst/
T:+81-44-580-1600 F:+81-44-580-1437
--