Subject: [nemo] Home network model issue 10

From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:22:58 +0100

------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
Pekka
------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
 " If the Mobile Router returns Home by Egress, a specific support is
  required to control the bridging operation depending on whether a
  Mobile Router is at Home or not.  This support might not be present
  in all implementations."

==> in a number of places you say "present in ... implementations" ..
but what about the specifications?  Do specifications provide with
sufficient
mechanisms to convey which mechanism should be used by mobile routers in
each
of the scenarios so that they would pick an interoperable and/or working
approach?  (As I haven't studied the specs in detail, I don't know the
answer
-- this is just something that was not apparent from reading the doc.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
Pascal
------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
Proposed change: 

instead of "present in ... implementations" (which appears twice)

in the routing section:

"The NEMO Basic Support does not mandate a specific routing protocol
though the support for some well known routing protocols can
be expected from many implementations. An implementation might provide
an automatic toggle to start/stop routing on an egress interface
when the mobile router comes back/leaves Home. When such a toggle is
unavailable, then a specific interface should be reserved to attach to
Home
with the appropriate settings for security and routing."

in the bridging section:

" The NEMO Basic Support does not mention a specific behavior for
bridging 
though Bridging capabilities can be expected from many implementations. 
An implementation might provide an automatic toggle to start/stop
bridging
on an egress interface when the mobile router comes back/leaves Home. 
When such a toggle is unavailable, then a specific interface should be
reserved to attach to Home with the appropriate settings for security
and bridging."

Comments?

Pascal

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:35:17 +0200 (EET)

If NEMO WG members are fine with this, I'm OK with it.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings