Subject: ingress filtering for (n,n,n) (was Re: [nemo] Charter proposal

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:53:14 +0300

Hi all,

In the proposed nemo charter, there is a bullet stating:

Aug 2006		Submit -00 draft on (n,n,n) ingress filtering

I am not sure i understand this point.
I don't think that  there is much nemo specific in the ingress 
filtering problem itself
OTOH, i think that the interesting problem to deal with in nemo 
multihoming is how to provide an optimization for the provision of 
fault tolerance in the link between the MR and the AR (or the HA)

I mean, an important different between the nemo multihoming and the 
general site multihoming scenario, is that  failures are much more 
likely to occur in the link between the MR and the AR (or the HA). So 
haivng special tools to deal with this case would be a useful 
optimization imho
The nemo multihoming analysis draft presents one of such solutions in 
the Appendix B and as i have mentioned already, imho the presented 
soilution has enough merits to be desribed in a separate draft. 
However, i don't see this as an ingress filtering solution, but rather 
an optimization for the fault tolerance support for the most common 
case of failure. It should be noted that the solution presented in the 
appendix does not requires new protocol extensions, but it would be 
more a informational work afaict

so, not sure what you have in mind with this bullet but i would suggest 
to reword it into something like
Nemo multihoming support Optimizations for MR-AR link fault tolerance 
or something more readable but with this ideas.

Regards, marcelo

El 24/03/2006, a las 22:27, T.J. Kniveton escribió:

> Here is a starting point for charter update. Please send your comments.
>
> TJ
> <charter2.txt>