Subject: [nemo] RE: draft-thubert-nemo-global-haha-01.txt

From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:05:09 +0200

Hi again Marcelo

>section 5.1.1 states
>
>    In return, each site advertises the aggregation that encompasses
the
>    Distributed Home Network aggregation back into the service provider
>    network, to the outside world (the internet).
>
>this seems to me to imply that the home network prefix is announced
>through BGP to the rest of the internet...  i mean if you want to
>announce something to the rest of the internet it needs to be done with
>BGP right?
>
[Pascal] I understand that this wording is disturbing you and why. I
agree I need to fix the text; I will try to reflect the mobile
aggregation we discussed based on our long yet positive thread :)

Pascal

---

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:51:11 +0300

Hi Pascal,

> aggregation we discussed based on our long yet positive thread :)

Yes that would be good

Bottom line is that as i see it, global HAHA enables two deployment 
models:
- one that is the one that you are suggesting that is the mobile ISP 
idea, which seems to preserve the PA model of aggregation
- the other one, in which each air company (and ship company) gets its 
own PI prefix to use as for distributed Home network. Such model breaks 
aggregation since they would be end sites injecting their own prefixes. 
Enabling such possibility is a liability imho since it implies a cost 
of the common resource.

i would better with this approach if there was some wording about 
discouraging the second approach

regards, marcelo