Subject: RE: About the proposed charter and global HAHA (was Re: [nemo] RE: About route aggregation in global HAHA

From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:17:56 +0200

Hi Keiichi san

>I'm afraid many people don't understand what the global HA-HA can
>provide (including me).

[Pascal] At the core, global HAHA proposes a NEMO RO solution within the
infrastructure, intended for 4G phones, planes, etc... It enables the
distribution of HA (getting rid of the Home Link) and introduces the
concept of proxy HA.

Proxy HAs can be widely distributed. A MR binds to the closest proxy
(proxy binding) which succeeds if the proxy can bind to the MR HA
(primary binding). When two MRs need to establish a RO path, this is
actually performed by the proxies (secondary binding) between each
other, on behalf of the MRs. Proxies discover each other using a form of
NHRP, and establish a tunnel. At that point, since there is a trust
model within the infrastructure, a proxy HA can inject a route to the
MNP of its MR over the proxy to proxy tunnel, enabling RO.

RO can happen within an ISP network (as described in that section
Marcelo pointed out) or within an aggregation that is shared between
ISPs, as discussed within the recent thread.

Pascal

---

From: Keiichi SHIMA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:09:29 +0900 (JST)

Hello Pascal,

From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\)" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: About the proposed charter and global HAHA (was Re: [nemo] RE: About route aggregation in global HAHA
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:17:56 +0200

> MNP of its MR over the proxy to proxy tunnel, enabling RO.

OK, I understand the above.

And when we consider the MNN-CN case, will the traffic be like
following?

MNN-> MR -> proxy HA -> CN
CN -> nearest HA -> parent HA -> proxy HA -> MR -> MNN

Is my understanding correct?

Regards,
---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <[email-masked]>
WIDE Project <[email-masked]>