Subject: [nemo] NEMO route optimization requirements

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:27:17 -0400

Along with Will Ivancic and Terry Davis, I just submitted an initial
Internet-Draft that discusses requirements for NEMO route optimization
in order to be useful for aeronautical and space networking.  We think
this can be developed further by both the aeronautics community and IETF
in the near future, and is intended to feed into a NEMO working group
document to satisfy the new charter item:

  May 2007 Submit -00 draft on Route Optimization Needs for Aircraft and
  Spacecraft Deployments.

The document is currently available at:
http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~weddy/shared/nemo/draft-eddy-nemo-aero-reqs-00.txt
and should be up on the IETF server soon.

We look forward to comments, constructive criticism, and questions on
this draft, and will be present at the next IETF meeting Chicago to
discuss it, if desired.  This is simultaneously being evaluated by
aviation-specific standards bodies, and we plan to relay any changes
proposed there through NEMO and vice-versa.

-- 
Wesley M. Eddy
Verizon Federal Network Systems