Subject: [nemo] NEMO Consumer Electronics Requirements

From: Chan-Wah Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:45:40 +0800

Hello all,

I have submitted a draft for NEMO RO Requirements from the Consumer
Electronics perspective, but apparently I'd used an earlier version of
xml2rfc resulting in some outdated wordings being used ... bottom line
is: it may not get published in time for Chicago.

In the meantime, the draft can be retrieved from any of the following
sites:

http://www.mobilenetworks.org/~chanwah/draft-ng-nemo-ce-req-00.txt
http://www.freewebs.com/cwng/nemo/draft-ng-nemo-ce-req-00.txt

/rgds
/cwng

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:47:40 +0200

Chan-Wah Ng wrote:
> Electronics perspective, but apparently I'd used an earlier version
> of xml2rfc resulting in some outdated wordings being used ... bottom
> line is: it may not get published in time for Chicago.
> 

Hi, thanks for this draft.

Regarding the sections on Personal Mobile Routers (PMR) and PMR in a car
(sec 2.1 and 2.2).

I find the two descriptions very relevant for NEMO and I think there is
a real need for these scenarios to be acommodated with IP protocols.

For PMR, I wanted to suggest citing the following:

    [x] Devarapalli, V., "Personal Mobile Router", Slide presentation
        at NEMO Working Group meeting, 67th IETF, San Diego, USA,
        November 2006.
        (on March 15th, 2007 it was available at
         http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06nov/slides/nemo-2.pdf)

    draft-wakikawa-manemo-problem-statement-00.txt describes among
    others, section 3.4 Crowd of Personal Mobile Routers.

    Unpublished draft "MANEMO Configuration Problems"
    http://tinyurl.com/2z6ln describes Personal Mobile Router usecase in
    section 3.3

Thanks again for this draft,

Alex

> /rgds /cwng

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________

---

From: Chan-Wah Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:04:43 +0800

Thank you, Alex, for the references.  Will add them in the next version.

In the other news, the Internet Draft Secretary actually accepted my new
version with the corrected boilerplate past the -00 deadline ;) so here
is the forwarded Internet Draft Announcement.

/rgds
/cwng

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ng-nemo-ce-req-00.txt
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Consumer Electronics Requirements for Network Mobility Route Optimization
	Author(s)	: C. Ng
	Filename	: draft-ng-nemo-ce-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2007-7-6
	
   This document illustrates different deployments of Network Mobility
   (NEMO) from the consumer electronics perspective.  From these
   deployments, a set of requirements is deduced for Route Optimization
   (RO) with NEMO.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ng-nemo-ce-req-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ng-nemo-ce-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ng-nemo-ce-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce