Subject: [nemo] RE: [Mip6] issue 93 summary (Text Adequacy)

From: "Hesham Soliman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 22:06:16 +1000

Ahmad, 

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the comments. I included your
comments below. One response though: 

 > SUGGESTION:
 > ===========
 > Finally, probably this suggestion is a little too late in 
 > the game and
 > have been discussed earlier, but since the MN is roaming in 
 > an IPv4 only
 > foreign network, SHOULD not we make it optional to the MN to request
 > that only an IPv4 HoA to be allocated. This would save 
 > resources at the
 > HA.

=> Not if we're using MIPv6 for signalling. MIPv6 requires the use of the
HoA and SAs are built based on that. So we can't send the :: address in the
BU. I don't think the resources at the HA are a big deal. HAs can be
increased if it's an issue for the operator. 

Hesham