Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-netconf-soap-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:36:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Over 
			  the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
	Author(s)	: T. Goddard
	Filename	: draft-ietf-netconf-soap-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2004-9-8
	
The device management protocol NETCONF is applicable to a wide range
   of devices in a variety of environments. The emergence of Web
   Services gives one such environment, and is presently characterized
   by the use of SOAP over HTTP.  NETCONF finds many benefits in this
   environment: from the re-use of existing standards, to ease of
   software development, to integration with deployed systems.  Herein,
   we describe a SOAP over HTTP binding that, when used with persistent
   HTTP connections, yields an application protocol sufficient for
   NETCONF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-soap-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-netconf-soap-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-soap-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ted Goddard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:14:00 -0600

Note that the abstract of the draft has been updated as follows (the 
change
was not reflected in the I-D Action message):

    The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) is applicable to a wide
    range of devices in a variety of environments.  The emergence of Web
    Services gives one such environment, and is presently characterized
    by the use of the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP).  NETCONF
    finds many benefits in this environment: from the re-use of existing
    standards, to ease of software development, to integration with
    deployed systems.  Herein, we describe SOAP over HTTP and SOAP over
    BEEP bindings that yield application protocols sufficient for
    NETCONF.

Ted.

On 8-Sep-04, at 1:36 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Simon Leinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:42:31 +0200

Thanks for the revised draft, Ted!

As a short reminder to everyone, Henrik Levkowetz has put up an
overview page for the NETCONF WG documents on

http://ietf.levkowetz.com/drafts/netconf/

So Ted's new I-D, and a side-by-side comparison against the previous
(-02) revision have magically appeared here:

http://ietf.levkowetz.com/drafts/netconf/soap/
http://ietf.levkowetz.com/drafts/netconf/soap/draft-ietf-netconf-soap-03-from-02.diff.html
-- 
Simon.

---

From: Steve Berl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:03:23 -0700

You might want to update the informative reference [18] to point at 

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=wss

or more specifically

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=wss

This page points at the more recent version of the standard for SOAP security headers.

-steve