Subject: Begin WG Last Call: draft-ietf-netconf-soap-03

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:25:25 -0700

Hi,

The NETCONF WG has completed work on the document "Using the Network
Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Over the Simple Object Access 
Protocol (SOAP)".  The WG proposes that the Internet draft
'draft-ietf-netconf-soap-03.txt' is the completed version of 
this document.  This document can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-soap-03.txt

Abstract:
   The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) is applicable to a wide
   range of devices in a variety of environments.  The emergence of Web
   Services gives one such environment, and is presently characterized
   by the use of the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP).  NETCONF
   finds many benefits in this environment: from the re-use of existing
   standards, to ease of software development, to integration with
   deployed systems.  Herein, we describe SOAP over HTTP and SOAP over
   BEEP bindings that yield application protocols sufficient for
   NETCONF.

The WG members are strongly urged to review this document as 
soon as possible, and express any concerns, or identify any errors,
in an email to the NETCONF WG mailing list.

Unless there are strong objections, published on the NETCONF WG mailing
list by November 28, 2004, this document will be forwarded to the OPS 
Area Directors for standards track consideration by the IESG.

Please send all comments to the WG mailing list at [email-masked].

Andy and Simon

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>