Subject: Re: Message-id and Session-id

From: "王罕" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:56:34 +0800

Dear Wes Hardaker:

  You are a great help. 
  Thanks for your pellucid reply ! :) 

Best Regards
Wang
>
>y030737> 1. when does the message-id increasing? 
>
>It is entirely up to the client application.  It can reuse the same
>message id if it wants (and hopeful do so and not get confused).  The
>server doesn't care what the message ID is.  It merely puts it in the
>reply RFC to help the client recognize what the response is responding
>to.
>
>y030737> 2. how does the session-id create?
>
>The server creates that and hands it to the client during start up.  I
>think this may not be complete in -04???  But will be in -05.
>  
>y030737> In followed example, (in 7.5), the first message acquired a
>y030737> lock successfully, I supposed the message is identified by
>y030737> "101" , and the message is part of the session 150 of
>y030737> clientA.  then clientB try to acquire a lock through message
>y030737> "101" in its session 454, of course failed.
>  
>y030737> BUT, why can it use the same message-id with clientA?  does
>y030737> it mean the message-id only increasing in the session which
>y030737> it belonged?
>
>The server won't care that the message-ids are the same.  There is no
>need for uniqueness.  It's only the clients that will likely need them
>to be different, and only for their own messages.
>
>[note that all the examples in the document use the same message ID.
>I personally don't think this is helpful, but I didn't spend the
>effort writing the document ;-]
>

����������������[email-masked]
��������������������2004-11-25

-��칻�&ޱ��jg�����޵�'~����-��"z��"�a{
+v�칻�&ފv��x%zX�y�-�鞲Ơzױ��ɪ܆+ކ�i��)�'�~���X����z�(��