Subject: Lock operation

From: noe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:09:24 +0100

Hello,

     I have a question considering the lock operation. A lock operation 
should be used before all operations or just before edit and copy-config 
ones? If the latter is the case and  another client wants to make a 
get-config on a previously locked and currently under process 
configuration file what will be the behaviour of the system?

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Steve Berl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:33:11 -0800

Seems like you might want to also use a lock before doing a get to make sure that nobody changes anything in the middle of your get. This would be particularly important if you need to perform multiple get operations to get all the info you want.

-steve

At 06:09 AM 12/22/2004, noe wrote:
>Hello,
>
>    I have a question considering the lock operation. A lock operation should be used before all operations or just before edit and copy-config ones? If the latter is the case and  another client wants to make a get-config on a previously locked and currently under process configuration file what will be the behaviour of the system?
>
>--