Subject: edit-config

From: noe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:21:28 +0100

Hello All,

     I couldn't understand something about "operation" attribute in edit-config request,revision 4 page 28. That is, when there is no "operation" attrb. we should merge the data with the "target file"  from the
corresponding level. That is a default behaviour. However in the example after the explanation , if i am not wrong ,we are again replacing the value of "mtu" under the interface element. Shouldn't we 
here add a new interface into the taget configuration ?

"If the operation attribute is not specified, the configuration
         is merged into the configuration datastore.

         The operation attribute has one of the following values:

         merge: The configuration data identified by the element
            containing this attribute is merged with the configuration
            at the corresponding level in the configuration datastore
            identified by the target parameter.  This is the default
            behavior.
"

Example:

      Set the MTU to 1500 on an interface named "Ethernet0/0" in the
      running configuration:

       <rpc message-id="101" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
         <edit-config>
           <target>
             <running/>
           </target>
           <config>
             <top xmlns="http://example.com/schema/1.2/config">
               <interface>
                 <name>Ethernet0/0</name>
                 <mtu>1500</mtu>
               </interface>
             </top>
           </config>
         </edit-config>
       </rpc>

       <rpc-reply message-id="101" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
         <ok/>
       </rpc-reply>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>