Subject: notifications

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:36:46 +0100

All,

We had notifications in the core document, but we removed them.  In 
addition, the SSH mapping will not support them, as I recall.

At one point notifications were based on the RFC 3195 BEEP Profile.  As 
we begin to look at new capabilities, we need to figure out how the 
documents need to appear.

As it currently stands, I have developed two documents, one which 
describes a very generic capability, and a BEEP mapping that can refer 
to RFC 3195.  Referring to that RFC, there are two defined profiles 
defined - raw and cooked.  Both are a bit raw :-(

I do not believe we want to define a new profile.  Do we?

Eliot

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:17:24 -0800

Eliot Lear wrote:

> At one point notifications were based on the RFC 3195 BEEP Profile.  
> As we begin to look at new capabilities, we need to figure out how the 

No.
I would really like to get our 4 WG drafts done before discussing 
extensions.
We can't change the BEEP draft now for features we will consider adding 
in the future.

> Eliot

Andy