Subject: document status checkpoint

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:13:23 -0700

Hi,

I'd like to make another push to finish up our documents.
Hello document authors! -- we need updates for everything
except the BEEP draft...

1) NETCONF Protocol

   Rob is waiting for the subtree filtering section to be finalized.
   I posted an update to this section that received no comments, and
   raised 2 issues that received no comments. 

  * I025: Filter by namespace only (retrieve entire data model without
        knowing the top-level element(s))
    Proposed Status: Closed, no changes
    This one I think we should drop.  It's just another feature, and 
we're done
    adding features.

  * I026: subtree filter top-level elements should not be considered in the
    same sibling set.
    Proposed Status: Closed, no changes

    I'm not sure I reverse-engineered the algorithms from the examples 100%
    correctly here.  A content-match node at the top level is problematic,
    as it assumes associations between data models which may not 
actually exist.
    I don't want this paragraph to have big unintended consequences later.
    Except for some esoteric corner-cases of interest to 
conformance-test writers,
    I haven't found any real problems with treating the top level nodes as
    a sibling set.

  Proposed action: Rob will add the latest section 6 update, in addition to
  all the fixes he has been collecting, and publish prot-06 ASAP.  This 
update
  will have a 2 week WGLC because there are several edits.

2) NETCONF over BEEP

Eliot just posted the beep-05 update. (Thanks!)
I don't think there are any open issues in this document.
The changes Eliot made do not seem controversial, so I propose
that we do not need another WGLC.  If there are no objections,
we will consider this document done.

3) NETCONF over SOAP

This document (soap-04) needs to be updated to fix the references to
SOAP over BEEP,  to use the new rfc3288-bis document.  This update uses
SOAP 1.2 instead of  SOAP 1.1.  Unless any other issues are raised
(or other changes made to the update), another WGLC should not be needed
for the soap-05 update. 

4) NETCONF over SSH

I'm not sure what the complete list of edits entails, but the ssh-03 draft
needs some minor corrections.  Unless any other issues are raised
(or other changes made to the update), another WGLC should not be needed
for the ssh-04 update.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:59:42 +0200

Hi Andy,

At this point I consider the BEEP draft done.  We can hand it to the 
IESG as soon as the Netconf draft is ready.  I agree with your proposed 
actions.

Eliot