Subject: Network-Automation discussion mailing list created

From: Brent Chapman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:57:44 -0800

I've created a Network-Automation mailing list for discussions of 
issues related to automating network configuration and management, 
including (but not limited to) methods, mechanisms, techniques, 
philosophies, policies, and products.

Since 1990 or so, much of the research in the system administration 
field has focused on automation.  It's now well accepted that a 
well-run operation doesn't manage 10,000 servers individually, but 
rather uses tools like cfengine to manage definitions of those 
servers and then create instances of those servers as needed.  In the 
networking world, though, most of us seem to be still manually 
configuring (and reconfiguring) every device.  That's starting to 
change, though, and I've created the Network-Automation mailing list 
as a forum to help advance that change.

See the list's web page for more information, to view archives, or to 
subscribe:

http://www.greatcircle.com/network-automation

I look forward to some interesting discussions there, and I hope 
you'll join us!

-Brent
-- 
Brent Chapman <[email-masked]> -- Great Circle Associates, Inc.
Specializing in network infrastructure for Silicon Valley since 1989
For info about us and our services, please see http://www.greatcircle.com/
Network Automation blog: http://www.greatcircle.com/blog/network_automation

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>