Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-chisholm-netconf-model-03.txt

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:14:33 -0400

hi

I'm cross-posting since the plan is to discuss this, or an update of this
draft, in the Paris netconf meeting.

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chisholm-netconf-model-03.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Framework for Netconf Data Models
	Author(s)	: S. Admankar, S. Chisholm
	Filename	: draft-chisholm-netconf-model-03.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 2005-6-22
	
This memo defines a framework for defining content for Netconf.  It
   defines requirements to enable interoperability, extensibility, easy
   parsing, usability and predictable modeling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chisholm-netconf-model-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type
"cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chisholm-netconf-model-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chisholm-netconf-model-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:44:49 -0400

>draft, in the Paris netconf meeting.

I didn't thing they was a Paris netconf meeting.  Didn't Andy
say we didn't need one so he wasn't asking for one?

Thanks,
 Phil

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:29:14 -0700

>say we didn't need one so he wasn't asking for one?

correct -- there is no NETCONF WG meeting in Paris.
Perhaps Bert will grant a 2nd NETMOD BOF if there
is enough interest.

I think the next step for the WG should be to discuss
the details of any charter extensions on the mailing list.
I'm not so sure there is widespread agreement on the
urgency and functional requirements of new features.

> Phil

Andy