Subject: Say hello again

From: Gil Woodman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:21:41 -0700

If a device has an existing netconf session in place, and a 
configuration is made that netconf can leverage. This new configuration 
would extend its capabilities and would be included in any new 
subsequent netconf sessions. The question is how to convey to an 
existing netconf client this new capability. Or, maybe it doesn't convey 
it. It is simply not available during the existing session.

Thoughts?

thanks
gil

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:24:21 -0400

>it. It is simply not available during the existing session.

Well, in a perfect world, the capabilities that are in place at the
beginning would be in place thru the entire session, so the client
doesn't need to deal with the changing conditions.

And in the _other_ perfect world, every client would be able to
handle these changing conditions.  And we'd have a notification
capability to let the client know what was changing.

In the real world, these conditions are rare enough that neither
side will handle them perfectly, and we have no notification
capability to inform the client anyway.

So the question is are these conditions sufficiently rare that they
aren't an issue?  Should we table it until we have some sort of
notifications?

Thanks,
 Phil

---

From: Gil Woodman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:12:51 -0700

That is fine.

Thanks
gil