Subject: I-D Publication Request: draft-ietf-netconf-prot-07.txt (UPDATED 1.d)

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 09:04:47 -0700

[Area] OPS-NM
[WG]   NETCONF
[I-D]  draft-ietf-netconf-prot-07.txt
[Qver] draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc-shepherding-05.txt
[Shep] Simon Leinen <[email-masked]>

1.a) Yes, the WG Chairs have reviewed this version of the
    document, and believe it is ready for publication.

1.b) Yes the document has had adequate review.  Several
    WG members have reviewed this document.  It has also been
    reviewed by non-WG members very familiar with XML,
    security, and network operations.

1.c) There are no open issues, and no further review is
    required, for this document.

1.d) There are no concerns with this document at this time.
    It is possible that clarifications will be identified
    as implementation and interoperability experience is
    reported to the WG.  

    Note:  The WG could not decide on a single application
    mapping for NETCONF, because different types of programmers 
    want to use the protocol.  Therefore, NETCONF defines three
    application mappings: SSH, BEEP, and SOAP, where SSH is
    the mandatory-to-implement protocol. 

1.e) There is overwhelming WG consensus for this document.

1.f) No appeals have been threatened against this document.

1.g) There are no ID-nit issues in the document identified
    at this time. (See ID-nit log below).

1.h) Yes, references are split.
    No, there are no references to any unpublished documents.

1.j) I-D Submission Summary
   
Technical Summary

  The NETCONF configuration protocol defined in this document provides
  mechanisms to install, manipulate, and delete the configuration of
  network devices.  It uses an Extensible Markup Language (XML) based
  data encoding for the configuration data as well as the protocol
  messages.  The NETCONF protocol operations are realized on top of a
  simple Remote Procedure Call (RPC) layer.

Working Group Summary

  The NETCONF Working Group has consensus to publish this document
  as a Proposed Standard.  

Protocol Quality

  It is likely that there are several implementations of this
  document in various stages of completion at this time.
  Several major equipment vendors have indicated interest in
  supporting this document, and some non-commercial
  implementations are also expected.

----------------

[ID-nit log]

idnits 1.74

tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-prot-07.txt:

 Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
   Checking conformance with RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate...
   the boilerplate looks good.
   No nits found.

 Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
   Nothing found here (but these checks do not cover all of
   1id-guidelines.txt yet).

 Miscellaneous warnings:
   None.

   No nits found.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>