Subject: I-D Publication Request: draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:21:10 -0700

[Area] OPS-NM
[WG]   NETCONF
[I-D]  draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt
[Qver] draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc-shepherding-05.txt
[Shep] Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>

1.a) Yes, the WG Chairs have reviewed this version of the
     document, and believe it is ready for publication.

1.b) Yes the document has had adequate review.  Several
     WG members have reviewed this document.  It has also been
     reviewed by non-WG members very familiar with SSH.

1.c) There are no open issues, and no further review is
     required, for this document.

1.d) There are no concerns with this document at this time.
     It is possible that clarifications will be identified
     as implementation and interoperability experience is
     reported to the WG.  

1.e) There is overwhelming WG consensus for this document.
     This is the mandatory-to-implement application mapping
     for the NETCONF protocol.  It is expected that script
     developers that currently use SSH to access the CLI
     interface of a network device will be most likely to
     choose this application mapping.

1.f) No appeals have been threatened against this document.

1.g) There are some minor ID-nits that will be fixed
     before RFC publication. (See ID-nit log below).

1.h) Yes, references are split.
     Yes, there is a reference to an unpublished document,
     namely the NETCONF Configuration Protocol document
     (draft-ietf-netconf-prot-07.txt), but this is also ready
     for publication.

1.j) I-D Submission Summary
    
Technical Summary

    This document describes a method for invoking and running the NETCONF
    configuration protocol within a Secure Shell (SSH) session as an SSH
    subsystem.

Working Group Summary
 
   The NETCONF Working Group has consensus to publish this document
   as a Proposed Standard.  

Protocol Quality

   It is likely that there are several implementations of this
   document in various stages of completion at this time.
   Several major equipment vendors have indicated interest in
   supporting this document, and some non-commercial
   implementations are also expected.

----------------

[ID-nit log]

idnits 1.74

tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt:

tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(4):
  Line is too long: the offending characters are '.'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(5):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '5'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(25):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 's'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(44):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'F'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(59):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '3'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(60):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '3'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(61):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '4'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(62):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '5'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(63):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(64):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '6'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(65):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '7'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(66):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '7'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(67):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '8'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(68):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '8'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(69):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '8'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(70):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '8'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(71):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '0'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(115):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'l'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(116):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 's'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(125):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'o'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(128):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(138):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 't'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(146):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'n'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(156):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'T'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(159):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'f'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(226):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 's'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(227):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '.'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(239):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'L'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(241):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'o'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(251):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '1.0">'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(297):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '1.0">'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(303):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are '0">'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(312):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'd'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(317):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'n'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(321):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'r'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(347):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(352):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'e'
tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-04.txt(533):
   Line is too long: the offending characters are 'n'

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
    Checking conformance with RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate...
  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3978 Section 5.1 IPR Disclosure
    Acknowledgement.

  (Expected a match on the following text:
    "By submitting this Internet-Draft, each author represents that any
    applicable patent or other IPR claims of which he or she is aware
    have been or will be disclosed, and any of which he or she becomes
    aware will be disclosed, in accordance with Section 6 of BCP 79.")

    (The document uses RFC 3667 boilerplate or RFC 3978-like
    boilerplate instead of verbatim RFC 3978 boilerplate.  After 6 May 2005,
    submission of drafts without verbatim RFC 3978 boilerplate is not
    accepted.)

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
    Nothing found here (but these checks do not cover all of
    1id-guidelines.txt yet).

  Miscellaneous warnings:
    None.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>