Subject: Requirements for Event Messages

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:15:53 -0400

hi

I've updated the requirements list with clarifications from people's
questions and added an additional requirement. It can be found at
	
http://standards.nortelnetworks.com/netconf/docs/netconfEvent/requiremen
ts.html

-----------------------------------

Requirements for Netconf Event Messages

   1. MUST support different types of events
            Different sorts of events will have different messages sizes
and contain different sorts of information. 
   2. Client (manager) MUST be able to specify which events are of
interest
   3. Client (manager) MUST be able to stop receiving events
   4. Client (manger) MUST be able to process events as they come in
            The solution should not prevent them from doing this. A
solution that sends incomplete XML documents, for example, could be
viewed as something that prevents the events being processed as the come
in 
   5. Server (network element) should not be blocked after sending out
an event
            The solution must not force the server (network element) to
wait until the event has been consumed by all interested parties before
it can perform other tasks. 
   6. Events MUST work for SSH
   7. Events SHOULD work for Beep and SOAP
   8. The Client (manager) SHOULD be able to resynchronize recently sent
events. 

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>