Subject: I-D Publication Request: draft-ietf-netconf-prot-07.txt

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:20:19 -0700

[Area] OPS-NM
[WG]   NETCONF
[I-D]  draft-ietf-netconf-prot-07.txt
[Qver] draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc-shepherding-05.txt
[Shep] Simon Leinen <[email-masked]>

1.a) Yes, the WG Chairs have reviewed this version of the
     document, and believe it is ready for publication.

1.b) Yes the document has had adequate review.  Several
     WG members have reviewed this document.  It has also been
     reviewed by non-WG members very familiar with XML,
     security, and network operations.

1.c) There are no open issues, and no further review is
     required, for this document.

1.d) There are no concerns with this document at this time.
     It is possible that clarifications will be identified
     as implementation and interoperability experience is
     reported to the WG.  

1.e) There is overwhelming WG consensus for this document.

1.f) No appeals have been threatened against this document.

1.g) There are no ID-nit issues in the document identified
     at this time. (See ID-nit log below).

1.h) Yes, references are split.
     No, there are no references to any unpublished documents.

1.j) I-D Submission Summary
    
Technical Summary

   The NETCONF configuration protocol defined in this document provides
   mechanisms to install, manipulate, and delete the configuration of
   network devices.  It uses an Extensible Markup Language (XML) based
   data encoding for the configuration data as well as the protocol
   messages.  The NETCONF protocol operations are realized on top of a
   simple Remote Procedure Call (RPC) layer.

Working Group Summary
 
   The NETCONF Working Group has consensus to publish this document
   as a Proposed Standard.  

Protocol Quality

   It is likely that there are several implementations of this
   document in various stages of completion at this time.
   Several major equipment vendors have indicated interest in
   supporting this document, and some non-commercial
   implementations are also expected.

----------------

[ID-nit log]

idnits 1.74

tmp/draft-ietf-netconf-prot-07.txt:

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
    Checking conformance with RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate...
    the boilerplate looks good.
    No nits found.

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
    Nothing found here (but these checks do not cover all of
    1id-guidelines.txt yet).

  Miscellaneous warnings:
    None.

    No nits found.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>