Subject: access control

From: Andrew Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:22:17 -0700 (PDT)

Does netconf define any kind of access control?
Or is it all or nothing? A user can read and write
everything or else have no access at all?

--Andrew

		
__________________________________ 
Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 
http://mail.yahoo.com

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:45:41 -0400

hi

As Eliot indicated, currently it is out of scope. We have started to
look at this in the Framework for Netconf Content work, but so far have
really only made it as far as discussing requirements. Eventually, there
should likely be a separate specification that discusses access control
in a manner to enable interoperable implementations, or rather
consistent access control end-to-end, in the network.

This an other work is not officially being worked on by the working
group, but you can expect updates to this and the other drafts showing
up within the next week or so. We are also discussing the possibility of
informal editing sessions on the various topics during the Vancouver
meeting.

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Andrew Davis
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 5:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: access control

--Andrew

		

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>