Subject: authorization

From: Andrew Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

Using the ssh mapping, if I want to issue an rcp
request on behalf of user fred and then issue another
request on behalf of user mike, do I have to establish
2 separate ssh connections? Is the answer different if
I use beep? What about soap?

--Andrew

__________________________________ 
Yahoo! Music Unlimited 
Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:53:20 +0200

In answer to both of your questions, access control is beyond the scope 
of netconf at this time.  This is not to say that implementations should 
have no access control.  Indeed user mike might have very different 
access than user fred.

As to below,

> I use beep? What about soap?

netconf is a session-based protocol, and authentication occurs once per 
session.  Therefore, if you want to issue requests on behalf of another 
user, using their credentials, you would require another session.

Eliot