Subject: AD review of: draft-ietf-netconf-prot-09.txt

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:09:12 +0100

Just checking before I do IETF Last Call.

Pls consider this early IETF Last Call comments.
Do not issue a new rev. I am requesting IETF Last Call now.

- Appendix C.1.3.

  I think appendix C.1.3. should fix
    urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:capability:{name}:1.0
  into
    urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:{name}:1.0
  I know, you easily miss one if you make such changes.

- Sections 10.1 and 10.2
  I was checking with APPS AD Scot Hollenbeck, and he suggests
     Bert, I see one small problem right away.  They're asking
     IANA to both assign a namespace and to register a specific
     one.  You can't do both.  If they change the word "assign"
     to "register" in the first sentence of sections 10.1 and
     10.2 I think the meaning will be much clearer.

- Section 10.3
  So if I understand it correctly, then we do not allow any new
  assignments for capabilities now. We (as a WG? as the IESG?
  as the IETF?) may decide so later. But how is IANA to know
  how/when that happens? Can we say some words about it?

Bert

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>