Subject: Tim Bray on RelaxNG

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:16:46 -0500

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/xml-dir/current/msg00108.html

    As a general practice, I would advise the IETF to specify XML
    languages using the simpler, more general, more flexible, more
    interoperable RelaxNG, which is also an ISO standard by the
    way. For example, Atompub did this in draft-ietf-atompub-format-11,
    which is now a proposed standard and waiting for its RFC number.
    In particular, the kind of extensibility you want for XCON would
    be easily modeled in RelaxNG without the need for this kind of
    egregious kludge. -Tim Bray

Can we revisit the use of Relax-NG for netconf (before we start
resorting to egregious kludges ;^)?

Thanks,
 Phil

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: "David B Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 00:42:39 -0500

I prefer egregious kludges; call it job security ;)
(just kidding, of course)

dbh 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Phil Shafer
> Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 11:17 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Tim Bray on RelaxNG
>