Subject: Netconf Event Message as Working Group Document

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:29:52 -0500

hi

I'd like to request that we add the Netconf Event Messages ID
(draft-chisholm-netconf-event-01.txt) as a working group document for
the Netconf working group. As previously discussed, it does not require
an update to the charter. 

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:58:36 -0800

>an update to the charter. 

The AD and NETCONF co-Chairs have already decided that there needs
to be some implementation experience with NETCONF before we
standardize extensions.

Has this event-01 draft been implemented and used in any operational
or even test networks?  Are there a large number of WG members
that think the NETCONF WG should focus on designing a new event
management system at this time?

Remember that our focus is configuration.
Even when we had notifications in the protocol,
it was by reference to RFC 3195 (syslog over beep).
There are some people in the WG (including me) that
would rather not reinvent syslog or SNMP notifications.

I would rather that the WG focus on an access control model for NETCONF.
(Design it. Implement it. Refine it. Then bring it to the IETF for 
standardization.)

>Canada

Andy