Subject: RE: Transaction support in Netconf

From: "Rob Enns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:37:31 -0800

> > I talked to Simon and various IESG members about setting up another
> > mailing list on ietf.org for implementation discussion.  This was
> > done for diffserv I believe.  Maybe now we should try to set that
> > up.
> 
> Since you mention it, diffserv was the specific case I had in mind
> where implementation discussions were pretty much discouraged on the
> diffserv mailing list.  Personally, I did not like this approach very
> much since I believe implementation and even early deployment
> experience is extremely useful (and this list can sustain some more
> traffic I would say). So I would prefer to _not_ follow the diffserv
> model.

I agree. My experience with fresh specs is that the first few
implementors find lots of issues that the WG could use to improve
the spec. So discussing on the netconf list would be helpful.

Rob

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>